The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy News!

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy News!

Participant
      Last week I reached what I had not before, 2 years NED!!! My last 2 year scans revealed that melanoma had metastasized to my brain. I underwent treatment for SRS, and although I did not then have any detectable cancer, opted for ipi/nivo, of which my body was only able to comfortably tolerate a single infusion.

I am so happy. I will not be complacent about continued visits/scans/self checks and in fact just returned from the dermatologist despite my oncology appointments/scans of just last week.

Am going on a three year delayed honeymoon to England in a few months and now can travel just a little bit lighter in thought!

Hang in there, all. Much for which to be hopeful.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        chrispl1974
        Participant
          Fantastic news. I very very happy for you.

Have a great honeymoon in England.

I hope you get good weather 🙂

Take care

Chris

Bubbles
          Participant
            Oh, Cindy! That’s great news! Have a wonderful trip!!!! celeste
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics