The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Great scan results!

Forums General Melanoma Community Great scan results!

Participant

I'm on a carbplatin/carbotaxil, temodar phase II trial after advancing to stage IV with brain mets and an adrenal tumor last summer. After two infusions 28 days apart the full body CT scan and brain MRI done on the 15th show no new tumors and the adrenal tumor has shrunk by more than 50%! A spot on my left lung that my onc does not think is a met had also shrunk from 9mm to 6mm so whatever it is, it's getting smaller too.

I'm on a carbplatin/carbotaxil, temodar phase II trial after advancing to stage IV with brain mets and an adrenal tumor last summer. After two infusions 28 days apart the full body CT scan and brain MRI done on the 15th show no new tumors and the adrenal tumor has shrunk by more than 50%! A spot on my left lung that my onc does not think is a met had also shrunk from 9mm to 6mm so whatever it is, it's getting smaller too.

This is so fantastic! I was having a rough time with side effects but I went into today's infusion with a whole new attitude! My blood work was all really stong with no indications I am having problems with the protocol so after this third infusion, I will have three more every 28 days and at the end, surgery to remove the adrenal gland.

I hope everyone else is blessed with good news for Christmas! Carmon

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Great news!!!  So glad this is working for you!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

lhaley
          Participant

Great news!!!  So glad this is working for you!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

NicOz
            Participant

Fantabulous news!!!! I am so pleased to hear it- what a wonderful early christmas present you have there ๐Ÿ˜€

I think I shall raise a glass to you (and your carboplatin/carbotaxil and temodar) and start to do a little *happy dance* in the time it takes me to walk to the kitchen…

Woohoo!

Carmon in NM
                Participant

I think we are all doing a great big old Happy Dance, Nic! Even my doctor, her PA and the protocol nurse! They said this is a pretty unusual response after only two infusion so it looks like I am an excellent responder!

I'll be sick as a dog on Christmas day but I'll be happy as a lark on the inside! I hope and pray that everyone else has a reason to be happy this Christmas.

Hugs and prayers for you all out there…Carmon

Carmon in NM
                  Participant

I think we are all doing a great big old Happy Dance, Nic! Even my doctor, her PA and the protocol nurse! They said this is a pretty unusual response after only two infusion so it looks like I am an excellent responder!

I'll be sick as a dog on Christmas day but I'll be happy as a lark on the inside! I hope and pray that everyone else has a reason to be happy this Christmas.

Hugs and prayers for you all out there…Carmon

NicOz
                  Participant

Fantabulous news!!!! I am so pleased to hear it- what a wonderful early christmas present you have there ๐Ÿ˜€

I think I shall raise a glass to you (and your carboplatin/carbotaxil and temodar) and start to do a little *happy dance* in the time it takes me to walk to the kitchen…

Woohoo!

akls
                    Participant

Great News! 

Merry Christmas.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                      Participant

Great News! 

Merry Christmas.

Amy S. in Michigan

jag
                        Participant

Merry Christmas Carmon!  Very happy for you.

John 

jag
                          Participant

Merry Christmas Carmon!  Very happy for you.

John 

himynameiskevin
                            Participant

Greta news for the holidays. Congratulations. ๐Ÿ™‚

himynameiskevin
                              Participant

Greta news for the holidays. Congratulations. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics