The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Great PET scan:-)

Forums General Melanoma Community Great PET scan:-)

Participant

Hello Friends, Just wanted to thank you for your prayers and support.  I was very anxious about this  PET scan I had last friday, especially after watching my best friend pass away from melanoma just two months ago.  we started out at the same stage so it was very hard and I was nervous that it could be spreading inside of me.

Hello Friends, Just wanted to thank you for your prayers and support.  I was very anxious about this  PET scan I had last friday, especially after watching my best friend pass away from melanoma just two months ago.  we started out at the same stage so it was very hard and I was nervous that it could be spreading inside of me.  Anyways thankfully my PET scan showed" no hypermetabolic uptake in the lung nodule or hilar lymph node at this time."  I'm so super excited about this news and just wanted to share it with the rest of you:-)  I go today for surgery to do a 5mm wide excision of a severly atypical mole (this is my 5th I think atypical area having excised) that wasn't fully excised during biopsy and i'm a little nervous about that but very thankful after today I don't go back to the dr until June:-)  Much love to you all,

Alicia B. stage III(+SNB) interferon, 3 primary melanomas (stage 1, stage 2, and stage 3) and 5 atypical lesions…….but who's counting;-)

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        gabsound
        Participant
          Alicia,

Great news! I’m so happy for you. I’m sorry to hear about your friend.
          Keeping my fingers crossed on your wide excision.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
          Participant
            Alicia,

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
            Participant
              Alicia,

Julie in Las Vegas

triciad
              Participant

Congratulations Alicia…go out and celebrate! 

triciad
                Participant

triciad
                  Participant

aldakota22
                    Participant

Always happy to hear the good news.Keep it comming.Still saying prayers for all us fighters.  Al

alicia
                        Participant
                          Thank yu all so much xo:-)
                          alicia
                          Participant
                            alicia
                            Participant
                            aldakota22
                            Participant

Always happy to hear the good news.Keep it comming.Still saying prayers for all us fighters.  Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

Alicia, that sounds like an excellent PET scan result! Thanks for sharing the good news.

You remain in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                  Participant

Alicia, that sounds like an excellent PET scan result! Thanks for sharing the good news.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                    Participant

Frank from Australia

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics