The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Great News – Results using Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community Great News – Results using Zelboraf

Participant

All,

I read posts but don't post that much here. Everyone has a story to tell and I'm thankful we have this forum to share because it helps me cope knowing you are out there and can relate to what is going on within all of us. On to my great news…..scans on July 25th (neck to pelvic CT and brain MRI) – "no evidence of metastatic disease present." Also, lab work continues to be very well. The doc put it like this, "18 months on treatment, scans are consistently great (NED) for the past year, much like remission".

All,

I read posts but don't post that much here. Everyone has a story to tell and I'm thankful we have this forum to share because it helps me cope knowing you are out there and can relate to what is going on within all of us. On to my great news…..scans on July 25th (neck to pelvic CT and brain MRI) – "no evidence of metastatic disease present." Also, lab work continues to be very well. The doc put it like this, "18 months on treatment, scans are consistently great (NED) for the past year, much like remission".

I'm always cautious because this disease comes and goes as it pleases. I'm doing my part to stay healthy and enjoy life. I'm thankful for each and every day. The side effects are very tolerable (take six pills per day). My onc says that since I'm tolerating so well and my labs look great she sees no need in taking a break from treatment. Why mess with it when it is working so well?

Just wanted to share my little Z story.

Thanks,

Kellie

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Congratulations!!
          awillett1991
          Participant
            Congratulations!!
            awillett1991
            Participant
              Congratulations!!
              DeniseK
              Participant

GREAT news Kellie!!  I am soooooo Happy for you!  smiley

All my best for continued success!

Denise

DeniseK
                Participant

Denise

DeniseK
                  Participant

Denise

POW
                    Participant

Good for you, Kellie! I'm so happy for you! Thank you for sharing your good news. 

POW
                      Participant

Good for you, Kellie! I'm so happy for you! Thank you for sharing your good news. 

POW
                        Participant

aldakota22
                          Participant

Great post.Those with such positive news always welcome.Keep them comming.Beat the Beast.     Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Great post.Those with such positive news always welcome.Keep them comming.Beat the Beast.     Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

LilithFaith
                                Participant

That's great to hear the good news, praying for NED to come pay a visit to you:) stay strong

Lilith Elmore

Freshman at Eastern Univeristy, Biology major

LilithFaith
                                  Participant

That's great to hear the good news, praying for NED to come pay a visit to you:) stay strong

Lilith Elmore

LilithFaith
                                    Participant

Lilith Elmore

LilithFaith
                                      Participant

Lilith Elmore

LilithFaith
                                        Participant

Lilith Elmore

LilithFaith
                                          Participant

Lilith Elmore

LilithFaith
                                            Participant

Lilith Elmore

LilithFaith
                                              Participant

Lilith Elmore

LilithFaith
                                                Participant

Lilith Elmore

JerryfromFauq
                                                  Participant

Love such good news.

JerryfromFauq
                                                    Participant

Love such good news.

JerryfromFauq
                                                      Participant

Love such good news.

Cabronication
                                                        Participant
                                                          Fantastic news!! May the positives keep coming.
                                                          Thanks for sharing.
                                                          Beth
                                                          Cabronication
                                                          Participant
                                                            Thanks for sharing.
                                                            Beth
                                                            Cabronication
                                                            Participant
                                                              Thanks for sharing.
                                                              Beth
                                                          Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics