The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Got PET scan results today

Forums Caregiver Community Got PET scan results today

Participant

Well,, 4 of my tumors have disappeared, no sign of them at all. YEAH!!!!  The Huge one under my arm has grown 3 more cm. It was no surprise as you can literally sit and watch it grow.. I have a small 3mm mass on my tenth rib and a small 5mm mass on my right lower lobe of my lung. Neither has been tested to be cancer.. I refuse to believe it is as there could be so many more benign things that they could be. I have a spot on my hip bone with FDG uptake. I'm gonna say that where they took out a piece of bone for a spinal fusion in 2000..

Well,, 4 of my tumors have disappeared, no sign of them at all. YEAH!!!!  The Huge one under my arm has grown 3 more cm. It was no surprise as you can literally sit and watch it grow.. I have a small 3mm mass on my tenth rib and a small 5mm mass on my right lower lobe of my lung. Neither has been tested to be cancer.. I refuse to believe it is as there could be so many more benign things that they could be. I have a spot on my hip bone with FDG uptake. I'm gonna say that where they took out a piece of bone for a spinal fusion in 2000.. I'm refusing to believe my cancer has spread. I will get my IL2 on Wed. and it will knock out any little thing i have, I believe this From my very soul. God is holding me and he wont let go. My prayers are all with you on your journey, what a horrible disease this is. It affects every one that loves us. Its as if they have it to. They have the same feelings we do but do not ponder on it like those of us with the disease. Myself i have rather have the disease than to have to watch someone i love die slowly.. Anyways. i will say prayers for caregivers as much as for you that has the disease. I want to thank all on this board for helping me get thru this. Its amazing how a few little words from someone you have never met can make you strong..

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        boot2aboot
        Participant

Carol,

This sounds like good news to me…congratulations!…sounds like you are responding to treatment…yeah…i know about those 'fast growers'…i told my doc , i could 'feel' mine growing…they think i'm crazy…but you and i know differently

boots

boot2aboot
          Participant

Carol,

This sounds like good news to me…congratulations!…sounds like you are responding to treatment…yeah…i know about those 'fast growers'…i told my doc , i could 'feel' mine growing…they think i'm crazy…but you and i know differently

boots

shellebrownies
            Participant

Congrats on your success! Will keep you in my thoughts as you do the IL-2. Rock on! It is a comfort to me (us) as well when we see posts like yours showing success, because it makes us feel like we can kick this thing, too! smiley

And as for feeling them growing…totally know what you mean! Don had the same experience with the lymph nodes under his arm…

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

shellebrownies
              Participant

Congrats on your success! Will keep you in my thoughts as you do the IL-2. Rock on! It is a comfort to me (us) as well when we see posts like yours showing success, because it makes us feel like we can kick this thing, too! smiley

And as for feeling them growing…totally know what you mean! Don had the same experience with the lymph nodes under his arm…

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Carol,

Hallelujah for this! God IS holding you and He will NOT let you go, no matter what! Prayers for you continued good.

Lord, we thank you for Carol's 4 tumors being gone, but we lift these other concerns to You, knowing that You alone are big enough and Your grace is sufficient enough to handle them and Carol, too! We join hearts and ask for Your continued mercy and that she feel Your presence and Your power in these prayers. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Carol,

Hallelujah for this! God IS holding you and He will NOT let you go, no matter what! Prayers for you continued good.

Lord, we thank you for Carol's 4 tumors being gone, but we lift these other concerns to You, knowing that You alone are big enough and Your grace is sufficient enough to handle them and Carol, too! We join hearts and ask for Your continued mercy and that she feel Your presence and Your power in these prayers. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

triciad
                    Participant

Carol,

This sounds pretty good to me…one battle at a time. 

Keeping you in my prayers!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Carol,

This sounds pretty good to me…one battle at a time. 

Keeping you in my prayers!

Tricia

FormerCaregiver
                        Participant

That is an encouraging PET scan result, as it really looks like your immune system is responding
                          well to IL2.

As you have said, melanoma affects not only the patient but also those who are closest to them.
                          It is certainly a profoundly life-changing experience for the patient and their family.

God is caring for you, and you remain in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

carol b
                            Participant

thank you all,,, i go in to vandy at 9:30 in the morning and start IL2 at ten oclock

carol b
                              Participant

thank you all,,, i go in to vandy at 9:30 in the morning and start IL2 at ten oclock

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

Dear Carol,

I love your positivity and your gratefulness!!! You are doing well…..keep up the GOOD work!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                  Participant

Dear Carol,

I love your positivity and your gratefulness!!! You are doing well…..keep up the GOOD work!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

FormerCaregiver
                                  Participant

That is an encouraging PET scan result, as it really looks like your immune system is responding
                                    well to IL2.

As you have said, melanoma affects not only the patient but also those who are closest to them.
                                    It is certainly a profoundly life-changing experience for the patient and their family.

God is caring for you, and you remain in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics