The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Goodbye Mom

Forums General Melanoma Community Goodbye Mom

Participant

My Mom was diagnosed with melanoma in April. She had it removed in May and had 5 high doses of radiation. Everything was supposed to be ok or so we thought. Fast forward to Sept. 1st when I got a call that she had severe abdominal pain. Rushed her to the hospital where they did a cat scan and said they saw tumors in her intestines. She continued in pain until 9 days and so many tests later she went for another cat scan where a doctor saw that she had a hole and if she didn't have emergency surgery the toxins would go through her body and she would die.

My Mom was diagnosed with melanoma in April. She had it removed in May and had 5 high doses of radiation. Everything was supposed to be ok or so we thought. Fast forward to Sept. 1st when I got a call that she had severe abdominal pain. Rushed her to the hospital where they did a cat scan and said they saw tumors in her intestines. She continued in pain until 9 days and so many tests later she went for another cat scan where a doctor saw that she had a hole and if she didn't have emergency surgery the toxins would go through her body and she would die. Preceded with the surgery where they repaired the hole and removed one of the tumors but weren't able to get to the other one. At first she seemed to be recovering then she got an infection and needed to have a drain put in. Last week I could see that melanoma was winning this battle and was about to take another persons life. Just watching her there in so much pain yet trying to hold on for her family was heartbreaking. On this past Saturday the doctor told us it's not good and if there was anyone that needed to see her they should come. Watching my Mom die when she had so much life and love left to give makes me so sad. For those of you that are dealing with this disease I hope the best for you.

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. This disease makes absolutely no sense. Your mom is now at peace and no longer in pain. With time you will be able to remember the good times, cherish those memories.

My heart goes out to you,

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. This disease makes absolutely no sense. Your mom is now at peace and no longer in pain. With time you will be able to remember the good times, cherish those memories.

My heart goes out to you,

Linda

ValinMtl
            Participant

My deepest sympathies. This disease is a monster, I pray that we will be able to stomp on it some day soon.   I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom.  Val xx

ValinMtl
              Participant

My deepest sympathies. This disease is a monster, I pray that we will be able to stomp on it some day soon.   I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom.  Val xx

Jaime.30
                Participant

I am so sorry that this beast has taken your mother away from you.  My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Jaime

Jaime.30
                  Participant

I am so sorry that this beast has taken your mother away from you.  My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Jaime

KellieSue
                    Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  That must have been so difficult to see your mom suffering.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
                      Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  That must have been so difficult to see your mom suffering.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Kell
                          Participant

Thank you. I just read your profile and I must say I admire your strength and positive attitude. I  will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Kell
                            Participant

Thank you. I just read your profile and I must say I admire your strength and positive attitude. I  will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Fen
                            Participant

Deepest sympathy to you and your family.  It's an awful disease and I'm so sorry it touched you.

Fen
                              Participant

Deepest sympathy to you and your family.  It's an awful disease and I'm so sorry it touched you.

jag
                                Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  The one thing you can hold on to is the fact that you were there for her when she needed you the most.

God Bless

John

jag
                                  Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.  The one thing you can hold on to is the fact that you were there for her when she needed you the most.

God Bless

John

Lori C
                                    Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  I am lighting candles tonight – I will light one for your mom.

Lori C
                                      Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  I am lighting candles tonight – I will light one for your mom.

King
                                        Participant

Kell,

I offer my sincere sympathy in the loss of your mother.  I hope in time that happy memories will replace the sadness that you are now experiencing.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                          Participant

Kell,

I offer my sincere sympathy in the loss of your mother.  I hope in time that happy memories will replace the sadness that you are now experiencing.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Jill and Eric in Fl
                                            Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I hope one day the memories will all make you smile and you will have peace in your heart. Prayers for you and your family

Jill and Eric in Fl

Jill and Eric in Fl
                                              Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I hope one day the memories will all make you smile and you will have peace in your heart. Prayers for you and your family

Jill and Eric in Fl

JuleFL
                                                Participant

My deepest condolences.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Jule (wife of Cal)

JuleFL
                                                  Participant

My deepest condolences.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Jule (wife of Cal)

Sharyn
                                                    Participant

What  a sad experience for you, watching your Mom die, but I'm sure she was glad to have you there in her last moments. I am so sorry  for your loss, and hope that you will draw from your Mom's courage and learn to move forward from this. My thoughts and parayers are with you and your family.

Warm comforting hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                      Participant

What  a sad experience for you, watching your Mom die, but I'm sure she was glad to have you there in her last moments. I am so sorry  for your loss, and hope that you will draw from your Mom's courage and learn to move forward from this. My thoughts and parayers are with you and your family.

Warm comforting hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

PSD
                                                        Participant

Kell,

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pamela

PSD
                                                          Participant

Kell,

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pamela

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics