The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good Ole FDA

Forums General Melanoma Community Good Ole FDA

• Replies
      bill58
      Participant

Well,

As long as compassionate use ipi is available for the duration I will be happy.

Bill

bill58
        Participant

Well,

As long as compassionate use ipi is available for the duration I will be happy.

Bill

Jim in Denver
          Participant

Given recent issues regarding cricisms that the FDA has been more lapdog than watchdog in recent years, it is not really surprising that they are more wary avbout giving "fast track" approval to new drug or new indications for already approved ones.  Recent examples like Avastin and breast cancer have apparently  helped push the agency into a more cautious and defensive posture.  In the meantime, Compassionate Use is at least helpful to those who may need it most, and the cost element is not a factor, which it definitely will be once approval is granted.

Jim in Denver
            Participant

Given recent issues regarding cricisms that the FDA has been more lapdog than watchdog in recent years, it is not really surprising that they are more wary avbout giving "fast track" approval to new drug or new indications for already approved ones.  Recent examples like Avastin and breast cancer have apparently  helped push the agency into a more cautious and defensive posture.  In the meantime, Compassionate Use is at least helpful to those who may need it most, and the cost element is not a factor, which it definitely will be once approval is granted.

glewis923
              Participant

My sentiments:  SCREW the FDA .       Also, while i rant, SCREW trial lawyers .   and last , but not least, SCREW @&#$*&# Melanoma !!!!!!!!!

…..now i feel better!   

fliberdy
                  Participant

HaHa! Like your attitude glewis!!!

fliberdy
                    Participant

HaHa! Like your attitude glewis!!!

Linda/Kentucky
                      Participant

Could have not said it better myself……….   "I*******HATE********THIS*******DISEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                        Participant

Could have not said it better myself……….   "I*******HATE********THIS*******DISEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda/Kentucky

glewis923
                        Participant

My sentiments:  SCREW the FDA .       Also, while i rant, SCREW trial lawyers .   and last , but not least, SCREW @&#$*&# Melanoma !!!!!!!!!

…..now i feel better!   

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics