The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good news to share

Forums General Melanoma Community Good news to share

Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have now been stage IV for almost three years (Sep. 2011).  I have read many posts here that have helped  me through some tough times, hopefully my news will help some of you.

I started PD-1 (nivo) in December.  I just had my final scans and, thankfully, I responded.  The target met (right lung) shrunk from 4.6 sq. cm to 0.42 sq. cm (90%) and the smaller met (left lung) is gone.  

Furthermore, today I had my brain MRI and my brain is clear. I had craniotomy #2 one year ago today (June 25) and my brain has been clear since.  

Good luck to you.

Brendan

I also posted this on MIF.

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Aussielyn
        Participant

Fantastic news Brendan!! So thrilled for you & your good news gives us all hope!

Cheers Lyn 

Aussielyn
          Participant

Fantastic news Brendan!! So thrilled for you & your good news gives us all hope!

Cheers Lyn 

Aussielyn
            Participant

Cheers Lyn 

BrianP
              Participant

Congrats Brendan.  Thanks for posting.

BrianP
                Participant

BrianP
                  Participant

Mat
                    Participant

Brendan, great news!  I'm so happy for you and your family.

Mat
                      Participant

Mat
                        Participant

rosa1
                          Participant

Glad to hear the good news Brendan! Blessings to you and your family.

rosa1
                            Participant

ed williams
                                Participant

When are you having the party to celebrate the great scans? I will bring the beer ( Canadian of coarse) !!! Ed from Ottawa Canada.  

ed williams
                                  Participant

When are you having the party to celebrate the great scans? I will bring the beer ( Canadian of coarse) !!! Ed from Ottawa Canada.  

sofistef
                                    Participant

So happy for you! Thanks for posting!

sofistef
                                      Participant

sofistef
                                        Participant

ed williams
                                          Participant

rosa1
                                          Participant

jbronicki
                                            Participant

Wonderful News!  Hope to hear more and more good news in the future!

jbronicki
                                              Participant

jbronicki
                                                Participant

Tina D
                                                  Participant

This is such great news!!!!

Tina

Tina D
                                                    Participant

Tina

Tina D
                                                      Participant

Tina

LuckyMan51
                                                        Participant

Awesome news! Thanks for posting! 

LuckyMan51
                                                          Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                            Participant

GAngel
                                                              Participant

Great news Brendan! What a blessing for you and your loved ones! Praying that you beat the beast completely and permanently…keep fighting…never give up. God Bless you.

Gina

GAngel
                                                                Participant

Great news Brendan! What a blessing for you and your loved ones! Praying that you beat the beast completely and permanently…keep fighting…never give up. God Bless you.

Gina

GAngel
                                                                  Participant

Gina

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics