The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Getting back to normal

Forums General Melanoma Community Getting back to normal

Participant

I don't know if I could really say that I'm getting back for normal. But I saw my doc about getting on anxiety/depression meds. I've been on them since Friday and it'll take some time to really tell if they are helping me but I feel just a little weight lifted off my shoulders knowing that I finally talked to someone about this stuff and that I'll be seeing a therapist. I hate talking about my mental health but it's time to stop ignoring it. Love you guys, you've been such a rock for me! 

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant

Savannah – I'm glad you were able to talk to someone.  This disease is hard, mentally and physically and sometimes we all need a little help.  I wish I had talked to a therapist when my husband was first diagnosed – the early days still haunt me.  Take care of yourself.

Ann

lkb
          Participant

Savannah, I'm glad you found a therapist and have this new support. I see mine only infrequently, but every appointment is a huge help. Hooray for lightening the load.

Lisa

SABKLYN
            Participant

It’s a lot for anyone to have on their plate.  Getting  help with the anxiety is,the right thing to do!

MelanomaMike
              Participant
                Hi Savannah, like others have daid already, its good that you reached out for help, ha, im right behind you, i believe i need some help as well, im not working right now & i keep myself cooped up all day except infusions & onco visits, trips to the store etc. . Im not living, i know what it is, iv lost my “spark” so-to-speak, its like a cloud of impending Doom is always above me, its like i have no faith in my meds since my first introduction to therapy (Keytruda) back in Nov2017 through about May 2018 wich failed to work on me as it could have..now im on Opdivo (completed 4 Yervoy infusions with it) and continue Opdivo this Friday matter of fact by itself…i have a CT Scan set for the 17th (Sept) so, fingers crossed!…Were behind you Savymoo!..Mike
                  Savymoo23
                  Participant

Oh Mike I’ve been following your post. You actually make me feel like I can beat this crap. You’re so strong. I am so greatful you have been sharing your journey. Always feel free to message me if you want! I may not be that far into this but I’m a great listener! ♥️ Hang in there Mike! Thanks for the support! 

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics