The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Gene Mutation V600K

Forums General Melanoma Community Gene Mutation V600K

Participant

Are there any clinical trials specifically for this gene mutation?

Are there any clinical trials specifically for this gene mutation?

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

No. Not that I know of.

POW
          Participant

No. Not that I know of.

POW
            Participant

No. Not that I know of.

jim Breitfeller
              Participant

A Study Comparing Trametinib and Dabrafenib Combination Therapy to Dabrafenib Monotherapy in Subjects With BRAF-mutant Melanoma 

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01584648?term=melanoma++V600K&rank=3 

Best regards,

Jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                Participant

A Study Comparing Trametinib and Dabrafenib Combination Therapy to Dabrafenib Monotherapy in Subjects With BRAF-mutant Melanoma 

Best regards,

Jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                  Participant

Best regards,

Jimmy b

MichaelFL
                    Participant

There are currently 52 open studies concerning BRAF at clinicaltrials.gov

You may want to go to a trial website such as http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=braf+melanoma&recr=Open

and do a search for BRAF & melanoma or something of that nature as one has to be positive for the V600E mutation to use one of the BRAF inhibitors in a trial setting or otherwise.

If you have any other questions, either specific or otherwise, feel free to post them.

POW
                        Participant

As far as I know, one can hve either the V600E mutation or the V600K mutation and still qualify for  any of the BRAF clinical trials. As a matter of fact, quite a few protocols now refer to a "V600 mutation". I thought that the OP was asking about trials specifically for V600K. I am unaware of any trials ONLY for V600K.

POW
                          Participant

As far as I know, one can hve either the V600E mutation or the V600K mutation and still qualify for  any of the BRAF clinical trials. As a matter of fact, quite a few protocols now refer to a "V600 mutation". I thought that the OP was asking about trials specifically for V600K. I am unaware of any trials ONLY for V600K.

POW
                            Participant

MichaelFL
                            Participant

You may want to go to a trial website such as http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=braf+melanoma&recr=Open

and do a search for BRAF & melanoma or something of that nature as one has to be positive for the V600E mutation to use one of the BRAF inhibitors in a trial setting or otherwise.

If you have any other questions, either specific or otherwise, feel free to post them.

MichaelFL
                              Participant

awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Try this website, it can find trials based on mutation

http://www.mycancergenome.org/content/disease/melanoma/braf/116

Since this mutation is rare – only about 5% of BRAF mutations, it probably not going to get its own study but they are allowing a certain number of these patients in other BRAF trials, past and present, and Zelboraf has been shown to work.

I’m thankful everyday Zelboraf works for me, I’m V600D which is more rare. I really hope you are seeing a melanoma oncologist. I was diagnosed in January with a tumor in my heart and my doc is one of the best, Dr Jeffrey Sosman at Vanderbilt. Without him, I probably wouldn’t still be here. He’s and expert researcher on all this mutation stuff.

Best of luck to you!

awillett1991
                                  Participant

Since this mutation is rare – only about 5% of BRAF mutations, it probably not going to get its own study but they are allowing a certain number of these patients in other BRAF trials, past and present, and Zelboraf has been shown to work.

I’m thankful everyday Zelboraf works for me, I’m V600D which is more rare. I really hope you are seeing a melanoma oncologist. I was diagnosed in January with a tumor in my heart and my doc is one of the best, Dr Jeffrey Sosman at Vanderbilt. Without him, I probably wouldn’t still be here. He’s and expert researcher on all this mutation stuff.

Best of luck to you!

awillett1991
                                    Participant

Best of luck to you!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics