The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Frustration Overload

Forums General Melanoma Community Frustration Overload

Participant
      I recently had a fine needle biopsy of a lymph node in my neck and a suspicious lump under my jaw bone. The biopsy was botched by the doctor. I could tell he didn’t know what he was doing. He hit a nerve which brought me excruciating pain. This ain’t my first rodeo. I had biopsies before. This man was not familiar with the procedure. I was told by the phone nurse last week that the biopsy was negative for melanoma so I had a good weekend thinking I was in the clear. Nope! Wrong. I went to my oncologist today for the actual results. Guess what. He did not even get a sample from within the node. He missed the node. This southern belle is losing her patience. Now, I am to have the lymph node removed for biopsy. The lump under the jaw is ok but there is concern for the level 2 lymph node. So, slice and dice on my neck again. More anxiety. Oh, joy. I hope you are all having a better day. Thanks for “listening”. Keep up the fight, my friends.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Suzana65
        Participant
          Oh Cindy am so sorry to hear that. I need to have a FNA this week. You posted your comment on my question regarding suspicious lymph node and gave me a big hope. I’m very upset on your behalf. I had a very similar situation in July. I was told that my SLN biopsy (6 nodes) were all negative only to be called a week later and told that one lymph node tested positive for melanoma . I think these kind of mistakes are unforgivable. Hope everything is ok with you and the nodes come back negative. Hoping and praying
            Healthmedsdispensary
              Your home for a healthier life and a place where medication and prescription is made available to everyone. Do not miss a chance. Reach them, talk to their doctors and say goodbye to your health problems. Simply the best of the rest.

For more information on how to buy prescription medication online

Visit our website https://www.healthmedsdispensary.com/

Suzana65
              Participant
                How monitors thus website? This is all we need . Advertising?
                Suzana65
                Participant
                  Meant Who
                  MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Adam & crew will kick them off! MRF has come along way with scammers, spammers gettin thru our MP shack…
                  Cindy Lou
                  Participant
                    Hi, Suzana, Thanks for your reply. My first FNA went fine, so try not to worry about the procedure. I just had a bad experience this last time, but that is not the norm. It is usually only mild pressure on the area with minimal pain. It is also a quick procedure. I will pray that all goes smoothly for you and comes back negative. Hang in there.
                      Suzana65
                      Participant
                        Thank you Cindy. Praying for both of us. Sending you love and positive energy.
                      MelanomaMike
                      Participant
                        Hi Cindy, OOUCH! boy that doctors lucky your not my aunt! Id shove a needle so far up his @$$ and id make sure “I” hit the right target!… well, deep breath, lets do this surgery to get the sample….
                          listening
                          Participant
                            I’m sorry. Strongly recommend you contact the doctor who reported a negative biopsy to let him know of his malpractice.
                      Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics