The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Freaking out-lumps in leg are multiplying-what treatment next?

Forums General Melanoma Community Freaking out-lumps in leg are multiplying-what treatment next?

Participant

Hi I finished my 4th round of biochemo treatments about 10 days ago. My biochemo consisted of Temador, IL2 and Interferon injections. Hospitalized in ICU for 5 days each time.

I still have  a luump in my leg which I think is more tumor and its getting larger. I do ultrasound for a living and have been following the lumps-big change in the last 10 days.

Stage 3C ulcerated lesion, single micromet in sentinel node. 1 month hose dose interferon failed. 2nd surgery 7-1-11 lump removed from current spot that had melanoma cells and was falling apart.

Hi I finished my 4th round of biochemo treatments about 10 days ago. My biochemo consisted of Temador, IL2 and Interferon injections. Hospitalized in ICU for 5 days each time.

I still have  a luump in my leg which I think is more tumor and its getting larger. I do ultrasound for a living and have been following the lumps-big change in the last 10 days.

Stage 3C ulcerated lesion, single micromet in sentinel node. 1 month hose dose interferon failed. 2nd surgery 7-1-11 lump removed from current spot that had melanoma cells and was falling apart.

Will get PET/CT either tomorrow or monday alson w brain MRI.

I'm freaking out. Dr. mentioned a bx for sure last week when I was in hospital and mentioned Yervoy ? combined w something else. He didn't elaborate.

I'm BRAF and C kit negative. Dr. said I'm positive for NRAS but I didn't see that on my copy of report. Test also said my tumor was sensitive to Temador.

Any thoughts?????

Julie in Las Vegas

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics