The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

“Forbidden”

Forums General Melanoma Community “Forbidden”

Participant

Wow.    So, I got a log-in name a while ago.   Began to post, again.   Yes, it's a pain, signing  in, hoping I'll stay logged on for the day.   Getting used to it all, the changes.

So, now I try to navigate to the archives and find out I am "Forbidden."   Wow.   That's harsh.   Forbidden?

Quoting:

"Forbidden.

You don't have permission to access /bb/bbindex html on this server."

Wow.    So, I got a log-in name a while ago.   Began to post, again.   Yes, it's a pain, signing  in, hoping I'll stay logged on for the day.   Getting used to it all, the changes.

So, now I try to navigate to the archives and find out I am "Forbidden."   Wow.   That's harsh.   Forbidden?

Quoting:

"Forbidden.

You don't have permission to access /bb/bbindex html on this server."

Gee.    Seems harsh for a five year "member"—-who CAN access archives?

I know, it's probably some computer/techno glitch, but like Bonnie Lea, I have just so much ability.   Actually, my inability to try to help a newbie finds me kind of sad. 

CarolA

PS   Sorry, not that racy of a post, I know!  haha!

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        DonW
        Participant

Carol — I get the forbidden message also and it appears the old bulletin board is gone, at least for now. I hope it comes back, there was a ton of good info on there.

CarolA
            Participant

Oh, my—this is not good.     This is really cruel.     So, the melanoma story from MPIP-ers will now have to relived by new people, suffering and sharing what others have gone through, and shared?    Really?   Someone will have to discover all over again about the Sarna (I think?) lotion?  how about Ron's green monster drink?   Charlie's fabulous walking OUT of the hospital?  Thank God Jane put together her own walk through IL-2 for people to consult—and yet, how would someone find it?   Really?   Gregory?  Angie?     The vast specific experiences to look to for advice are gone?

It is good that there is a place for newbies to come to—but we oldies knew there were old experiences that could be shared.   Maybe I should shut-up.   I'm venting as this has come as quite a surprise to me.   

I hope this is a temporary thing that is being fine-tuned or something.   It just has to be.    All that shared experience and knowledge…….. 

CarolA        

dian in spokane
              Participant

carol.. I don't think all that stuff is gone.

but I'm not capable of finding it either.

I probably have ron's green monstor drink recipe somewhere…I recently dumped a whole harddrive worth of old crap on my computer, and I think I saw a reference in there to the green monster…

anyway.. SOME stuff is still around. and SOME people seem capable of findingt it. (not moi)

welcome back,

dian

DonW
                Participant

Dian — Are you getting the "forbidden" message? That's new, and as far as I know that's the only way to the info on the old bb. So as long as that is broken we can't access any of the posts on the old bb — about 12 years worth! Before the "forbidden" thing, we could search the old bb and find tons of info on just about anything melanoma related. So, I'd say it needs to be fixed!

DonW
                  Participant

Dian — Are you getting the "forbidden" message? That's new, and as far as I know that's the only way to the info on the old bb. So as long as that is broken we can't access any of the posts on the old bb — about 12 years worth! Before the "forbidden" thing, we could search the old bb and find tons of info on just about anything melanoma related. So, I'd say it needs to be fixed!

dian in spokane
                    Participant

oic

dian in spokane
                      Participant

oic

dian in spokane
                        Participant

carol.. I don't think all that stuff is gone.

but I'm not capable of finding it either.

I probably have ron's green monstor drink recipe somewhere…I recently dumped a whole harddrive worth of old crap on my computer, and I think I saw a reference in there to the green monster…

anyway.. SOME stuff is still around. and SOME people seem capable of findingt it. (not moi)

welcome back,

dian

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

Oh Ya Carol     and lets all remember Gregory's great get up when getting 'irradiated'  or wearing a mask with notes all over him warning others he may be radioactive, and of course the famous 'getting off the gurny of Charlies escapade and leaving his undies behind.   Oh my

I heard so much of Green Monster, but never could bring myself around to making it.  So I just choked it down virtually each time the recipe was given.  So many lost stories and tales if we are all forbidden, and if all that is lost forever.  I know I know it was not important to the cures, but it did lighten our loads alot.  It did for me.  I remember trying to explain once to a newby, about the building of my earlid, and what that really was, and how I really did not have a ear hanging from my eyelashes, and no you did not speak into my eye.

I think the person was a not real melanoma person  but it was fun for a while.  gee that was eons ago.  I cannot remember yesterday, but I remember that suddenly.

Carol A   don't let one word stop you from coming here, we need all of us back on point  (or pointe) making us laugh again, I miss our laughter, and stuff.

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                            Participant

Oh Ya Carol     and lets all remember Gregory's great get up when getting 'irradiated'  or wearing a mask with notes all over him warning others he may be radioactive, and of course the famous 'getting off the gurny of Charlies escapade and leaving his undies behind.   Oh my

I heard so much of Green Monster, but never could bring myself around to making it.  So I just choked it down virtually each time the recipe was given.  So many lost stories and tales if we are all forbidden, and if all that is lost forever.  I know I know it was not important to the cures, but it did lighten our loads alot.  It did for me.  I remember trying to explain once to a newby, about the building of my earlid, and what that really was, and how I really did not have a ear hanging from my eyelashes, and no you did not speak into my eye.

I think the person was a not real melanoma person  but it was fun for a while.  gee that was eons ago.  I cannot remember yesterday, but I remember that suddenly.

Carol A   don't let one word stop you from coming here, we need all of us back on point  (or pointe) making us laugh again, I miss our laughter, and stuff.

Bonnie Lea

CarolA
                              Participant

Oh, my—this is not good.     This is really cruel.     So, the melanoma story from MPIP-ers will now have to relived by new people, suffering and sharing what others have gone through, and shared?    Really?   Someone will have to discover all over again about the Sarna (I think?) lotion?  how about Ron's green monster drink?   Charlie's fabulous walking OUT of the hospital?  Thank God Jane put together her own walk through IL-2 for people to consult—and yet, how would someone find it?   Really?   Gregory?  Angie?     The vast specific experiences to look to for advice are gone?

It is good that there is a place for newbies to come to—but we oldies knew there were old experiences that could be shared.   Maybe I should shut-up.   I'm venting as this has come as quite a surprise to me.   

I hope this is a temporary thing that is being fine-tuned or something.   It just has to be.    All that shared experience and knowledge…….. 

CarolA        

DonW
                              Participant

Carol — I get the forbidden message also and it appears the old bulletin board is gone, at least for now. I hope it comes back, there was a ton of good info on there.

kwahlbin

I will look into this right away and get it fixed. -Kathy

lhaley
                                    Participant

Kathy,

I don't know about others but I'm getting kicked off again and it makes me log in. Not everytime, but way too often.

Thanks for all you do,

Linda

lhaley
                                      Participant

Kathy,

I don't know about others but I'm getting kicked off again and it makes me log in. Not everytime, but way too often.

Thanks for all you do,

Linda

kwahlbin

Hi Linda – What browser are you using?  I will do some test on my end and see if I can do anything.  -Kathy

lhaley
                                          Participant

Using internet explorer

lhaley
                                            Participant

Using internet explorer

kwahlbin

Hi Linda – What browser are you using?  I will do some test on my end and see if I can do anything.  -Kathy

CarolA
                                                Participant

Kathy,    That would be wonderful to have it fixed, that it can be something that can be fixed!   As Bonnie Lea said, it's not that the archives contained "cures", but some of the past helped heal us through so much of our collective journey and the shared counsel and support was priceless.   Thank for you for this hope that the archives might become available.

I won't be going anywhere, Bonnie!   I'm here, maybe not as often, but here.    I miss the banter of those witty, sharp-tongued folks, too, but life changes, WE change,  but I don't know where I would be without the MPIP past.

CarolA

CarolA
                                                  Participant

Kathy,    That would be wonderful to have it fixed, that it can be something that can be fixed!   As Bonnie Lea said, it's not that the archives contained "cures", but some of the past helped heal us through so much of our collective journey and the shared counsel and support was priceless.   Thank for you for this hope that the archives might become available.

I won't be going anywhere, Bonnie!   I'm here, maybe not as often, but here.    I miss the banter of those witty, sharp-tongued folks, too, but life changes, WE change,  but I don't know where I would be without the MPIP past.

CarolA

kwahlbin

I will look into this right away and get it fixed. -Kathy

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                    Participant

IMHO It's just another story in the saga of this mismanaged takeover, but all the people who caused the problem are gone, so don't worry we'll get it right.

I'm using firefox and have been knocked out a number of times recently.  My profile photo has changed to one from a few months previous.

The community that was served so well has been broken and now drifting elsewhere.  Replacements will come in but the feel of the community has changed and will not return.  

A point.  The use of chat has become rare.  When was the last time you saw a vibrant group in chat.

But It sure is Pretty!

Jerry from Cape Cod

Bonnie Lea
                                                        Participant

Hey Jerry, I am also using Firefox, but have been run out of other things then I switch to Safari, and I thought it was just the firefox thing.   I miss the old ways,  I am a fuddy duddy me thinks.  I know I could not have become who I am now, without the help of all the folks some long gone in all ways, from MPIP way way back in 2004 when I was first dx'd.  ah well.

Now how would I have ever met you,  you hater of Lob-is-stirs?  and lover of rare steak (me like it too)  but def not together, and no fancy shmancy saucing on either !  but a lovely glass or six of champers  yep.

Bonnie Lea
                                                          Participant

Hey Jerry, I am also using Firefox, but have been run out of other things then I switch to Safari, and I thought it was just the firefox thing.   I miss the old ways,  I am a fuddy duddy me thinks.  I know I could not have become who I am now, without the help of all the folks some long gone in all ways, from MPIP way way back in 2004 when I was first dx'd.  ah well.

Now how would I have ever met you,  you hater of Lob-is-stirs?  and lover of rare steak (me like it too)  but def not together, and no fancy shmancy saucing on either !  but a lovely glass or six of champers  yep.

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                                          Participant

IMHO It's just another story in the saga of this mismanaged takeover, but all the people who caused the problem are gone, so don't worry we'll get it right.

I'm using firefox and have been knocked out a number of times recently.  My profile photo has changed to one from a few months previous.

The community that was served so well has been broken and now drifting elsewhere.  Replacements will come in but the feel of the community has changed and will not return.  

A point.  The use of chat has become rare.  When was the last time you saw a vibrant group in chat.

But It sure is Pretty!

Jerry from Cape Cod

kwahlbin

Sorry for the delay, we had some technical issues that took a little while to resolve.  The problem has been fixed and the archived bulletin board is now working.

Kathy

DonW
                                                                Participant

Thanks Kathy! I spent some searching the archives and there is some really really good information in there. It's also very interesting to look back at who was posting at various times, since the archives go back to at least 1998. 

As Linda mentioned above, the forum seems to be logging us out much more frequently lately. Any luck figuring this one out? We appreciate all your work.  — Don

Nad T
                                                                  Participant

Big Sis and Owama?

Nad T
                                                                    Participant

Big Sis and Owama?

DonW
                                                                      Participant

Thanks Kathy! I spent some searching the archives and there is some really really good information in there. It's also very interesting to look back at who was posting at various times, since the archives go back to at least 1998. 

As Linda mentioned above, the forum seems to be logging us out much more frequently lately. Any luck figuring this one out? We appreciate all your work.  — Don

kwahlbin

Sorry for the delay, we had some technical issues that took a little while to resolve.  The problem has been fixed and the archived bulletin board is now working.

Kathy

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics