The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

?? for anyone on a Merck PD1 trial, please

Forums General Melanoma Community ?? for anyone on a Merck PD1 trial, please

Participant
      Hello,
      If you are on a Merck PD1 trial and had to do a 28-day washout from another drug (in my case, Zelboraf), did you have to wait to have your scans until the 28 days were up, or were you able to have the scans the week before and then actually begin the trial on day 29 or 30?

It looks like I'll be on the Phase 2 trial (with the chemo arm, urggh), provided of course my brain MRI is clean, and I'm trying to see how fast I can actually start whichever drug I get. My onc has me scheduled for scans on day 29, but she's asking Merck if the scans can be done the week before, so I thought I'd ask you'all here.
      Thankfully, she prescribed Ativan, as I am a real mess with the waiting.  It's back in my ear, and quite painful. 
      Thanks,
      Karen 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Karen – I messaged you details but I started exactly 28 days after my last Zelboraf. It’s possible! Hang in there!!

Amy

awillett1991
          Participant
            Karen – I messaged you details but I started exactly 28 days after my last Zelboraf. It’s possible! Hang in there!!

Amy

awillett1991
            Participant

Amy

tasjacques
              Participant
                Hi Karen,
                My husband’s trial is Phase 1 anti PD1.
                First set of CT scans before IPi was on 2-27, started ipi on 3-7, second and last ipi on 3-27 … repeated CT scans for trial on May 10. Started PD1 on June 7.
                Hope this time line helps you a bit. The waiting time for scans to be done, and be read by trial radiologist is uneasy and super hard … You want answer yesterday at least I did !!! My husband kept telling patience is a virtue. Well my patience was tested very second ๐Ÿ™‚
                I pray for your MRI TO be clean! And you get the necessary help.
                Take care,
                Elenise
                tasjacques
                Participant
                  Hi Karen,
                  First set of CT scans before IPi was on 2-27, started ipi on 3-7, second and last ipi on 3-27 … repeated CT scans for trial on May 10. Started PD1 on June 7.
                  Hope this time line helps you a bit. The waiting time for scans to be done, and be read by trial radiologist is uneasy and super hard … You want answer yesterday at least I did !!! My husband kept telling patience is a virtue. Well my patience was tested very second ๐Ÿ™‚
                  Take care,
                  Elenise
                  tasjacques
                  Participant
                    Hi Karen,
                    Take care,
                    Elenise
                    5374brian
                    Participant

Keep pushing and praying. My wife was all good on her scans and MRI but her hemogloban was low. Our oncologist had discussions for a few days with the clinical trial investagator and we could not get in. As of yesterday we are now hopefully approved for the BMS trial. We were due for a call today but did not get it. My wife finished her IPI and has not had a good response so our oncologist is pushing for the PD-1 trials. Since Dec 07 when she was diagnosed we have noticed when 1 door closes another 1 opens. Good luck… My wife is a patient at Moffitt in Fl. 

5374brian
                      Participant

Keep pushing and praying. My wife was all good on her scans and MRI but her hemogloban was low. Our oncologist had discussions for a few days with the clinical trial investagator and we could not get in. As of yesterday we are now hopefully approved for the BMS trial. We were due for a call today but did not get it. My wife finished her IPI and has not had a good response so our oncologist is pushing for the PD-1 trials. Since Dec 07 when she was diagnosed we have noticed when 1 door closes another 1 opens. Good luck… My wife is a patient at Moffitt in Fl. 

5374brian
                        Participant

aldakota22
                          Participant

Karen, So sorry that you are having to wait what seems like an eternity.Will keep you in my prayers for a complete response once you are in the PD1 trial. Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Karen, So sorry that you are having to wait what seems like an eternity.Will keep you in my prayers for a complete response once you are in the PD1 trial. Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Snickers60
                                Participant

Waiting on anything pertaining to Melanoma is hard.   Hang in there, Karen !   You're getting there.   We will be interested to follow you on the PD-1. 

Nancy (devoted wife of 3X Warrior Wayne) 

Snickers60
                                  Participant

Waiting on anything pertaining to Melanoma is hard.   Hang in there, Karen !   You're getting there.   We will be interested to follow you on the PD-1. 

Snickers60
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics