The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First Scan Since Lymph Node Dissection

Forums General Melanoma Community First Scan Since Lymph Node Dissection

Participant

Scan showed FDG uptake with a SUV of 3.7 where the left lymph nodes were removed.  This was significantly decreased from the previous scan (before lymph node dissection).  Low grade malignancy can't be ruied out but they will use this as a baseline for the next scan in late November.  No other findings.  So I guess this is as good as can be expected for this stage of the journey.  Just completed by 8th treatment of Nivolumab (every 2 weeks).  My Thyroid TSH was down to .17 but the Free T4 was within the normal range.  They are holding off on any drug supplement for another two weeks.  The biggest problems is that I had lichenoid planus develop when I first noticed by lymph node was swelled up (still think my immune system went wacky hence the reoccurence of melanoma 12 years after the primary was removed AND the lichenoid planus was diagnosed shortly after.  We found out that Nivolumab can actually cause lichenoid Planus (drug erruption) so this really exacerbated the situation.  It specifically attacked my arms and back of neck with a few others on my chest and back of hands.  Only a few itch and are treated with a steroid cream.  What they do is bleach my skin white.  The back of my neck has round marks (up to the size of a quarter) especially in the darker skin from sun exposure (looks similiar to vitiligo). My onc seems to think they won't go away but could be a sign that the Nivolumab is working.  I still have another 16 treatments so I'm hoping this simmers down.  Anyone else have experience with lichenoid planus?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Hi Steve, i dont have that Planus deal but i wish you well & that you recover from it, i to take Nivo so, lets hope for the best brother!..Mike
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics