The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First NED scans!!!!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community First NED scans!!!!!!

Participant

Hi everyone!!!! 

My son’s first set of follow up scans since diagnosis and surgery were Monday morning. I was a hot mess for days before and Monday forget it…i could barely think straight. So It has taken me a couple days to really process the news…but 9 months from diagnosis, 6 months into his Nivo treatments, and my son is officially NED!!!!! 

Relieved is not a big enough word to truly explain the feeling I had when I got the call. I cried for hours and hours. I still am tears eyed writing this post. 

Nivo treatments are another 6 months and then years and years of scans to follow up..I hope!!!!! Melanoma is such a sneaky little monster that I know to never let my guard down, not even for a minute but this was a great first step!!!!! 

Thank you to everyone for all the suppport…I spent a few weeks just looking though this forum before I actually started posted and interacting. I’m so glad I did. Your experiences, your humor, kind words, and words of encouragement gave me hope and strength on some of my hardest days.

As the holidays approach I hope we can all find a little peace and happiness surrounded by our family and friends because one thing this experience has taught me is to appreciate the little things….and never take anything for granted.  

Kelly (AJs mom). ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        rosa1
        Participant

Hi Kelly, that is wonderful news, I'm so happy for you. I hope AJ has a long and NED life ahead of him. BTW, how old is he?

Rosa

KellyH
            Participant

Hi Rosa!!!! 

AJ just turned 18 a couple weeks ago!!!! He is a freshman in college. Busy being a teenager and going through all this..he’s a pretty tough kid. He amazes me everyday ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Kelly ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Johnjk04
            Participant

Just absolutely perfect. You and AJ will enjoy the holidays.

jbronicki
              Participant

Kelly, so happy for AJ and you as his mom!  This disease is hard enough for adults to handle so when your kids are involved, I honestly can't imagine the level of stress.   This is the best news ever!  Congratulations for many years to come

VinceMart
                Participant

That is great news, wishing AJ all the best and continued NED status.  Wishing you a little peace, Enjoy the blessing you just received with your family this holiday. 

Vince

Coragirl
                  Participant

Yay! Wonderful news. 

Marie-Eve
                    Participant

Yeah! I'm really happy for you and your son, Kelly. 

Bubbles
                      Participant

Congrats!  Wishing many years of love and laughter to you both!  Celeste

Becky
                        Participant

I am so happy to hear this!! As a "Melanoma Mom" I know how anxious you were. I needed a few xanax to get me through the pre and post -scan days!

MelanomaMike
                          Participant

Hi Kelly, sorry so late to read this, iv been feeling kinda crapy the past few weeks but i have risen! lol..

im happy to learn of your boys NED status & that the Nivo is working good for him! the maintanence here after will REALY keep the Mel Bugs away as well!..

Viewing 8 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics