The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First dose of Ipi and opvido

Forums General Melanoma Community First dose of Ipi and opvido

Participant

Got my first dose of Yeryoy and opidivo today . My hdl rose 2000 points since Keytruda and my ast is in the 600 but my bili took a big drop, my doc said my labs looked better so I guess he's not concerned about the other numbers he's encouraged by my appetite and lack of n/v. So I'm hanging in there and hoping for the best. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

You are getting both the Yervoy and Opdivo at the same time?  I know that is a very new treatment.  I am on a trial of Yervoy or Opdivo and have been given 2 treatments of Yervoy or  3 treatments of Opdivo.  I have had some side effect of rash and lower back pain. No issues with my blood. I am having a port places in next Monday. 

Good luck to you.

Tom

geriakt
          Participant

You are getting both the Yervoy and Opdivo at the same time?  I know that is a very new treatment.  I am on a trial of Yervoy or Opdivo and have been given 2 treatments of Yervoy or  3 treatments of Opdivo.  I have had some side effect of rash and lower back pain. No issues with my blood. I am having a port places in next Monday. 

Good luck to you.

Tom

geriakt
            Participant

Good luck to you.

Tom

dfeng
              Participant

You will have strong react to the first dose. Try get enough rest and let your body get used to it.

I am waiting for scan on this Friday, check how it responds to the combo.

dfeng
                Participant

You will have strong react to the first dose. Try get enough rest and let your body get used to it.

dfeng
                  Participant

AnitaLoree
                    Participant

Debbie:  We hope you continue to do & feel much better. Pls con't to post how you're doing on this new combo as my husband is probably going to have to switch from Keytruda to Yervoy/Opdivo next month and we're concerned about what to expect. Good wishes.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                      Participant

Debbie:  We hope you continue to do & feel much better. Pls con't to post how you're doing on this new combo as my husband is probably going to have to switch from Keytruda to Yervoy/Opdivo next month and we're concerned about what to expect. Good wishes.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                        Participant

dfeng
                          Participant

good luck and you will be fine!

Debbieamccoy
                              Participant

I'm having severe edema I started lasix 20 mg yesterday they upped it to 40 mg today no improvement . Let's see what happens 

Debbieamccoy
                                Participant

I'm having severe edema I started lasix 20 mg yesterday they upped it to 40 mg today no improvement . Let's see what happens 

Debbieamccoy
                                  Participant

dfeng
                                  Participant

dfeng
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics