The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

First chemo on this past Monday

Forums General Melanoma Community First chemo on this past Monday

Participant

will be getttting an infusion every 3 weeks with Paklitaxel and after 3 hours and then Carboplatin for 30 minutes. Yesterday I was sleeping most of the day,, today is better. Praying that this is the the one!!!! is anyone on this combo?

will be getttting an infusion every 3 weeks with Paklitaxel and after 3 hours and then Carboplatin for 30 minutes. Yesterday I was sleeping most of the day,, today is better. Praying that this is the the one!!!! is anyone on this combo?

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

I'm not on this combo, but BOY am I glad to hear you're OK! Am praying that this works for you.

Linny
          Participant

I'm not on this combo, but BOY am I glad to hear you're OK! Am praying that this works for you.

Linny
            Participant

aldakota22
              Participant

Good to see your post.Prayers sent your way that this is the combo .Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                Participant

Good to see your post.Prayers sent your way that this is the combo .Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

bikerwife
                    Participant

its so good to hear from you. prayers sent your way.

bikerwife
                      Participant

bikerwife
                        Participant

Swanee
                          Participant

…..no I'm not,  but sending good luck to you and best wishes that this will be the one!!  Keep us posted to your progress and success with this treatment.

Swanee

Swanee
                            Participant

…..no I'm not,  but sending good luck to you and best wishes that this will be the one!!  Keep us posted to your progress and success with this treatment.

Swanee

Swanee
                              Participant

Swanee

sjl
                                Participant

My husband is on this same regiman.  His first treatment was on August 13.  He just had his 4th treatment today.  He has done very well.  After the first treatment, he slept most of the next day, missed a half day of work the following day, and a little here and there the next week.  Round two went better, and he never missed a beat after round 3.  For round 3, we left at 5:30 am and got back home around 10 pm on a Thursday.  He made it to work the next day and then to a football game that night.  The following day he drove 2 hours to a baseball game and we didn't get home until 2am.  He did fine on Sunday and on Monday we had to drive 2 hours to see another doctor.  Other than the doctor visits, he missed no work.  He was also undergoing stereotactic radiation for a secondary lung cancer at the same time.  The great news is that he had a 75% reduction in tumors after the second treatment.  In 3 more weeks he'll have another scan and see where he stands.  As we were told today, he is doing well but not out of the woods yet.  His is mucosal melanoma of the nasal cavity, stage 3c with one lymph node involvement in the neck.

I hope this works for both of you!  I'd be interested in hearing how things go for you as not many seem to be on this treatment.  My husband is BRAF and CKit negative, not eligible for clinical trials and not able to take IL-2.  He was so bad in August that one doctor was surprised to see him alive at a visit 2 weeks ago.  He feels fine except for some mild neuropathy.  From what I can gather, there is nothing that works for everybody and what works on one may not work on another.  I'm putting my faith in God that this will do the trick for my husband.  I know a lot of prayers are being said for him and I'll pray for you as well.

Good luck and stay positive!

sjl
                                  Participant

My husband is on this same regiman.  His first treatment was on August 13.  He just had his 4th treatment today.  He has done very well.  After the first treatment, he slept most of the next day, missed a half day of work the following day, and a little here and there the next week.  Round two went better, and he never missed a beat after round 3.  For round 3, we left at 5:30 am and got back home around 10 pm on a Thursday.  He made it to work the next day and then to a football game that night.  The following day he drove 2 hours to a baseball game and we didn't get home until 2am.  He did fine on Sunday and on Monday we had to drive 2 hours to see another doctor.  Other than the doctor visits, he missed no work.  He was also undergoing stereotactic radiation for a secondary lung cancer at the same time.  The great news is that he had a 75% reduction in tumors after the second treatment.  In 3 more weeks he'll have another scan and see where he stands.  As we were told today, he is doing well but not out of the woods yet.  His is mucosal melanoma of the nasal cavity, stage 3c with one lymph node involvement in the neck.

I hope this works for both of you!  I'd be interested in hearing how things go for you as not many seem to be on this treatment.  My husband is BRAF and CKit negative, not eligible for clinical trials and not able to take IL-2.  He was so bad in August that one doctor was surprised to see him alive at a visit 2 weeks ago.  He feels fine except for some mild neuropathy.  From what I can gather, there is nothing that works for everybody and what works on one may not work on another.  I'm putting my faith in God that this will do the trick for my husband.  I know a lot of prayers are being said for him and I'll pray for you as well.

yoopergirl
                                      Participant

such good news, hope I fall into tha catagory, I had the radisation first so a down with the side effects of that, oherwise would be feeeling much better.

yoopergirl
                                        Participant

such good news, hope I fall into tha catagory, I had the radisation first so a down with the side effects of that, oherwise would be feeeling much better.

yoopergirl
                                          Participant

sjl
                                          Participant

shellebrownies
                                            Participant

My husband was on this combo and it helped him for a while (but he was very, very sick when he started treatment, otherwise it may have helped more). I wish you great success!

Michelle

shellebrownies
                                              Participant

My husband was on this combo and it helped him for a while (but he was very, very sick when he started treatment, otherwise it may have helped more). I wish you great success!

Michelle

shellebrownies
                                                Participant

Michelle

jcmp
                                                  Participant

Yes, my husband is on this combination.  He has had three low dose infusions, one per week.  It was started after one week of IL-2 because of rapid tumor growth.  Not sure if it is working yet. 

jcmp
                                                    Participant

Yes, my husband is on this combination.  He has had three low dose infusions, one per week.  It was started after one week of IL-2 because of rapid tumor growth.  Not sure if it is working yet. 

Laurie from maine
                                                        Participant

HI

I am so glad you posted.  I am sorry you had such a rough time of it, I am glad you are getting energy back    I hope this treatment is the one for you and side effects are minimal!!

Keep us posted! 

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                          Participant

HI

I am so glad you posted.  I am sorry you had such a rough time of it, I am glad you are getting energy back    I hope this treatment is the one for you and side effects are minimal!!

Keep us posted! 

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                            Participant

HI

Keep us posted! 

laurie from maine

jcmp
                                                            Participant

MikeWI
                                                              Participant

Yoopergirl,

Glad to hear from you, I am glad you are OK.  The chemo you are doing, is that through Dr Albertini?

MikeWI

Stage 2c currently NED

MikeWI
                                                                Participant

Yoopergirl,

Glad to hear from you, I am glad you are OK.  The chemo you are doing, is that through Dr Albertini?

MikeWI

Stage 2c currently NED

yoopergirl
                                                                    Participant

No I e switched back to the MARSHFIELD CLININC IN mINoqua WI with the blessing of Madsion , I could not do the cliinicl trial so hope this one works, I have falllen a couple of time, my legs muscles are soft. still need my 3 prong cane.I had radiation on y upper and lower spine for 14 treatments, no taste buds.

yoopergirl
                                                                      Participant

No I e switched back to the MARSHFIELD CLININC IN mINoqua WI with the blessing of Madsion , I could not do the cliinicl trial so hope this one works, I have falllen a couple of time, my legs muscles are soft. still need my 3 prong cane.I had radiation on y upper and lower spine for 14 treatments, no taste buds.

yoopergirl
                                                                        Participant

MikeWI
                                                                        Participant

Yoopergirl,

MikeWI

Stage 2c currently NED

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics