The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finished Round 6 Bio-Chemo 70 to 80% tumor reduction

Forums General Melanoma Community Finished Round 6 Bio-Chemo 70 to 80% tumor reduction

Participant

Had scan CT scan results today. There was a 70 to 80% reduction in overall tumor size from 1st Bio-Chemo round started in March 2010.

Had scan CT scan results today. There was a 70 to 80% reduction in overall tumor size from 1st Bio-Chemo round started in March 2010.

We finally crossed the main bridge and will start with maintenance protocal Friday August 13th.
      Maintenance will be for 2 days per month with IL-2 infusion and will go on for 6 months then switch to every other month for another 12 months. There will be self injections of GMC-SF and IL-2 in between hospital visits.
      The doctor said I should have no problem working while on the maintenence protocal.

I feel so blessed and fortunate getting this far with the treatment.
      I appreciate all the prayers and positive thoughts from so many of you.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)
    Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        JenM
        Participant

Fantastic news!  70-80% reduction!  Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Keep up the good work.

Everymoment
          Participant

This is wonderful:-) You need to hug your body and thank it for working with you each and everyday:-) So glad to hear the good news. Hugs, Everymoment

vickirs
              Participant

so very happy for, hoping for same outcome. 

MaryBZ
                Participant

Congratulations!!!  I hope are celebrating.  I'll keep the prayers coming your way.smiley

jag
                Participant

Great news Rocklove!  May the maintenance biochemo get rid of the rest.

You are a champion.

ValinMtl
                  Participant

Wow, this is wonderful news!  So happy that you will be starting maintenance now! Val

MaryD
                    Participant

That is such fantastic news – what a milestone!  Congratulations and when you feel up to it , it's time for you to celebrate!

Wishing you continued success with the maintenance treatment . .

Mary

James from Sydney
                      Participant

All i can say is your tougher than Rocky Balboa!

best wishes

James

Sharon in Reno
                          Participant

Yahoo!!…doing the happy dance, this is great, keep it going!! Sending prayers for a complete response…Stay strong. love, Sharon in Reno, Stage IV

JuleFL
                          Participant

Wow!  So happy for you!  Best wishes on maintenance!

sharmon
                            Participant

Rocky,  You are our hero,  we love you and hope this time with the follow up passed by quickly and your a complete responder.  Brent and Sharon

King
                              Participant

Rocky,

I am so happy to hear about your news.  Also, it's great that you are sharing it with everyone!  You have been amazing tolerating the BioChemo and squeezing in some work time, too.  See you soon!

Stay Strong
                                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Vermont_Donna
                                  Participant

Great news Rocky!!!! I am so happy for this news for you!

Vermont _Donna (Donna in VT)

EricNJill
                                  Participant

That's so awesome, Rocky!  It's so nice to hear some good news about treatments!  Take Care.

KellieSue
                                      Participant

Thats so awesome, Rocky!

Congrats on great news!

Kellie(from Iowa)

Diana2
                                      Participant

Hi Rocklove, Just wondering how things are going for you on the maintenance phase of biochemo? I'm hoping really well but please keep us posted. Also a belated congrats on completing 6 rounds & your great results! My husband just started round 1 on Sat & I have so much admiration for you now that I know a little more about what this treatment involves. Well, I wish you continued success & thanks so much for the inspiration! Take care, Diana 

Rocklove
                                          Participant

Diana I am doing well so far and just finished round 2 of the bio-chemo maintenance part. Once per month for the first 6 months I check into Moffit for 2 days for IL2 infusion. After that for the next 12 months I check in every other month. So I have a long way to go. I have been back to work  full time for the last 2 months. The maintenance is boring but like a walk in the park compared to the initial 6 bio-chemo rounds.

I did get neurapathy in my feet and lower legs from the bio-chemo. The doc said it will take about a year. But I have heard of people having it for several years.

If you ever have any questions feel free to email me [email protected].

I certainly wish your husband all the best. Positive thoughts and prayers for all of you during this time in his life.

Rocky

Diana2
                                            Participant

Great to hear you're doing so well, Rocky! Congrats on finishing round 2 of maintenance. Way to go. You're so amazing & inspirational to the rest of us! Biochemo is tough stuff & I'm sure even maintenance isn't a piece of cake. Well, thanks so much for your thoughts & prayers. They're greatly appreciated. I'll email you when I have a minute more than this minute! -Diana 

Diana2
                                              Participant

Great to hear you're doing so well, Rocky! Congrats on finishing round 2 of maintenance. Way to go. You're so amazing & inspirational to the rest of us! Biochemo is tough stuff & I'm sure even maintenance isn't a piece of cake. Well, thanks so much for your thoughts & prayers. They're greatly appreciated. I'll email you when I have a minute more than this minute! -Diana 

Rocklove
                                                Participant

Diana I am doing well so far and just finished round 2 of the bio-chemo maintenance part. Once per month for the first 6 months I check into Moffit for 2 days for IL2 infusion. After that for the next 12 months I check in every other month. So I have a long way to go. I have been back to work  full time for the last 2 months. The maintenance is boring but like a walk in the park compared to the initial 6 bio-chemo rounds.

I did get neurapathy in my feet and lower legs from the bio-chemo. The doc said it will take about a year. But I have heard of people having it for several years.

If you ever have any questions feel free to email me [email protected].

I certainly wish your husband all the best. Positive thoughts and prayers for all of you during this time in his life.

Rocky

Diana2
                                                Participant

Hi Rocklove, Just wondering how things are going for you on the maintenance phase of biochemo? I'm hoping really well but please keep us posted. Also a belated congrats on completing 6 rounds & your great results! My husband just started round 1 on Sat & I have so much admiration for you now that I know a little more about what this treatment involves. Well, I wish you continued success & thanks so much for the inspiration! Take care, Diana 

Jim M.
                                                  Participant

That is wonderful news!!! Mel's not a happy camper in your body. Soon Mel will realize there is No Vacancy for him in your body at all. That's my hope and prayer for you.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                    Participant

That is wonderful news!!! Mel's not a happy camper in your body. Soon Mel will realize there is No Vacancy for him in your body at all. That's my hope and prayer for you.

God Bless,

Jim M.

makedoandmend
                                                      Participant

amazing. stoked for you!

makedoandmend
                                                        Participant

amazing. stoked for you!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics