The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finally started a blog!

Forums General Melanoma Community Finally started a blog!

Participant

Warriors, inspired by Celeste I have finally formed the bones of a blog I've been meaning to put out there. It shows the physical aspect of my battle with melanoma and the treatment progression including WLE, skin graft, lymph node dissection, and of course PV-10!

It is somewhat graphic so the faint at heart should skip the site. Like I said, its just the bones and I plan to put much more content into it. Unlike Celeste's blog it will not contain useful clinical infornation, I'll leave that expertise to her. This is more of an informal glimpse into what my battle looked like from the outside and maybe later I'll add what it was like on the inside.

http://www.melanomawarrior.org

Warrior On!

Tex

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Alright!!!  You go, gurl!!!  (HA!!!)  And hey!  What you provide IS "useful clinical information"!!!!!  We all play our part.  Life and certainly melanoma – takes a village.  Thanks for being a part! – love, c

WithinMySkin
          Participant

Congrats! Blogging and journaling have been such an amazing outlet for me – I reccomend them to everyone! It's so strange to look through the old photos of surgeries years later and ponder on the journey. Keep up the good fight!!!

Lauren

lkb
            Participant

Tex, thanks so much! I've just done a brief glance and already it has been helpful, starting with the time lapse healing of your WLE. Keep a-bloggin'!

dessie
              Participant

Congrats on the new blog… everything helps when it comes to people's journey whether it has clinical info or not… so keep it up!

Thanks for this site and your blogging! 

Dessie

lkb
                Participant

Hey Tex, as mentioned, your WLE healing photos are helpful to me. If you want to do the same with your skin graft donor site, I would be interested in that too. If not, no problem. Thanks for all you've shared!

Lisa

TexMelanomex
                    Participant

Lisa,

I would show the donor site for the graft but its right below my bum! Can't have my rear end all over the internet 🙂

stars
                    Participant

Tex you have done a great job – it's enough info, not too much, not too little, with heaps of pics and an easy way to contact you. This is going to really help people who find themselves in the same situation.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics