The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

FINALLY AT PEACE!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community FINALLY AT PEACE!!!

Participant

Yesterday I lost my best friend of 30 years. My husband lost his long battle with this terrible disease yesterday. the last couple months were so heartbreaking for us all to see. I think being young and healthy otherwise made his him fight for too long. He is not at peace. Please pray my children and I can get through this difficult time and face life ahead. I miss him so and keep thinking he will walk through the door any moment. I am thankful for the all of the trials he was in as I truly believe it gave him two extra years we wouldnt have had without them.

Krista

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        DZnDef
        Participant

Oh Krista!  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope you and your kids have the support of extended family and friends during this terrible time.  My thoughts are with you.  May you find comfort and peace soon.

DZnDef
          Participant

Oh Krista!  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope you and your kids have the support of extended family and friends during this terrible time.  My thoughts are with you.  May you find comfort and peace soon.

DZnDef
            Participant

BrianP
              Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss Krista.  Your husband showed amazing determination throughout his journey.  Prayers for you and your family. 

Brian

BrianP
                Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss Krista.  Your husband showed amazing determination throughout his journey.  Prayers for you and your family. 

Brian

BrianP
                  Participant

Brian

CHD
                    Participant

Krista, in the past 3 years I have found that there are so many people who do not seem at peace when they pass.  They are not ready, they are young, or they are in pain at the end.  It is so hard to watch, to stand by helplessly.  The only comfort I take is in knowing that we tried so hard to be there for them, to help and support and love.  They knew they were loved and cherished, right up to the very last, and they fought the good fight, that is what matters.  He was young and there are just no words when you have lost your husband and best friend.  I lost a close friend to melanoma at just age 46, and I lost my dad this way in 2014, but still I cannot imagine the pain of losing a husband or child.  Blessings and hugs to you and your children.  I am so sorry for your loss.

Cheri

CHD
                      Participant

Krista, in the past 3 years I have found that there are so many people who do not seem at peace when they pass.  They are not ready, they are young, or they are in pain at the end.  It is so hard to watch, to stand by helplessly.  The only comfort I take is in knowing that we tried so hard to be there for them, to help and support and love.  They knew they were loved and cherished, right up to the very last, and they fought the good fight, that is what matters.  He was young and there are just no words when you have lost your husband and best friend.  I lost a close friend to melanoma at just age 46, and I lost my dad this way in 2014, but still I cannot imagine the pain of losing a husband or child.  Blessings and hugs to you and your children.  I am so sorry for your loss.

Cheri

CHD
                        Participant

Cheri

Maria C
                          Participant

So very sorry for your loss, Krista, and wish you and your children peace and strength. These last 2 weeks since hospice was called in most have been excrutiating. You are extraordinary to find gratitude during this extraordinarily difficult time.

Maria C
                            Participant

So very sorry for your loss, Krista, and wish you and your children peace and strength. These last 2 weeks since hospice was called in most have been excrutiating. You are extraordinary to find gratitude during this extraordinarily difficult time.

Maria C
                              Participant

eturner82
                                Participant

Krista,

I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. My 35 year old husband passed in Dec and I know this is a living nightmare. All I can say is just hold your children close and together get through this. 

Emily

eturner82
                                  Participant

Krista,

I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. My 35 year old husband passed in Dec and I know this is a living nightmare. All I can say is just hold your children close and together get through this. 

Emily

eturner82
                                    Participant

Krista,

Emily

jenny22
                                      Participant

Krista-

I am SO sorry for your loss…..and for your girls to lose their dad …

No words can help,   so for now please accept my sincere condolences .

My best to you and your daughters.

Jenny

jenny22
                                        Participant

Krista-

Jenny

jenny22
                                          Participant

Krista-

Jenny

AllysonRuth
                                            Participant

Oh, Krista.  I am so, so sorry.  I have two daughters, ages 14 and 12, my heart breaks for you and your daughters.  Sending love and prayers your way, knowing God will sustain you during this difficult time.

Allyson

AllysonRuth
                                              Participant

Oh, Krista.  I am so, so sorry.  I have two daughters, ages 14 and 12, my heart breaks for you and your daughters.  Sending love and prayers your way, knowing God will sustain you during this difficult time.

Allyson

AllysonRuth
                                                Participant

Allyson

Scooby123
                                                  Participant

So so sorry for your loss Kirsta, my heart goes out to you and your family. Will have you all in my prayers.

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                                    Participant

So so sorry for your loss Kirsta, my heart goes out to you and your family. Will have you all in my prayers.

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                                      Participant

scooby123❤️

WithinMySkin
                                                        Participant
                                                          I’m so terribly sorry, Krista. You’re an incredibly stong woman and you stood by his side the entire journey. You fought with him every step of the way, and made some incredible memories. You and your family are in my thoughts.
                                                          WithinMySkin
                                                          Participant
                                                            I’m so terribly sorry, Krista. You’re an incredibly stong woman and you stood by his side the entire journey. You fought with him every step of the way, and made some incredible memories. You and your family are in my thoughts.
                                                            WithinMySkin
                                                            Participant
                                                              Fen
                                                              Participant

So very sorry for your loss, Krista.  Although you must find a way to go on through your pain I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you gave your husband an incredible gift.  Being cared for with so much love had to make the awful treatments and decisions bearable.  Blessings to you and your children.  Fen

Fen
                                                                Participant

So very sorry for your loss, Krista.  Although you must find a way to go on through your pain I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you gave your husband an incredible gift.  Being cared for with so much love had to make the awful treatments and decisions bearable.  Blessings to you and your children.  Fen

tschmith
                                                                    Participant

My prayers are with you and your family.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

God Bless….

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                      Participant

God Bless….

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                        Participant

God Bless….

Terrie

Fen
                                                                        Participant

Rocco
                                                                          Participant

Krista,

My deepest condolences at the loss of your husband.  May your loving memories of him surround you and your loved ones during this most difficult time.  You and your children are in my prayers this evening.

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                                            Participant

Krista,

My deepest condolences at the loss of your husband.  May your loving memories of him surround you and your loved ones during this most difficult time.  You and your children are in my prayers this evening.

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                                              Participant

Krista,

-Rocco

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics