The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

fever…fever! braf combo

Forums General Melanoma Community fever…fever! braf combo

Participant

Just kind of bummed out…have only been on tafinlar/ mekinist combo 13 days and already the last 2 days I have been flat on my back with over 102 fever. I have had this sick tired all week…the lie down kind of tired…Hoping the dosage can be adjusted and I don't have to stop altogether….anybody have their dosage adjusted? Thanks for the chance to vent a bit….this disease sure gets scary at times…..

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Unfortunately I've been there. Usually got up to 103 before the Tylenol knocked it back down. Also sucked on ice. Cool wash cloth to head. Sometimes a cold alcohol wash of legs arms and head but not often cause too cold.

Basically that is the mekenist from what I was told. My doc said since the Tylenol knocks it down he kept me on the max dose. I think I read there is another mek inhibitor that doesn't have the fevers but I don't think the fda has approved it yet. Of course who knows what it's common side affect is.

For the 8 or so weeks I was on it really never got better. But maybe that's just me. The fevers would usually hit twice a day and take the Tylenol quick release a couple hours to get it back down to 100 or less.

Hang in there. Hopefully the meds will work for you and your doc can help with dosage or holiday or something.

Artie

adriana cooper
            Participant

Steroids. Cuurently on 2mg of Dexamethazone. Corrected the issue for me.

Good Luck.

adriana cooper
              Participant

Good Luck.

adriana cooper
                Participant

Good Luck.

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Unfortunately I've been there. Usually got up to 103 before the Tylenol knocked it back down. Also sucked on ice. Cool wash cloth to head. Sometimes a cold alcohol wash of legs arms and head but not often cause too cold.

Basically that is the mekenist from what I was told. My doc said since the Tylenol knocks it down he kept me on the max dose. I think I read there is another mek inhibitor that doesn't have the fevers but I don't think the fda has approved it yet. Of course who knows what it's common side affect is.

For the 8 or so weeks I was on it really never got better. But maybe that's just me. The fevers would usually hit twice a day and take the Tylenol quick release a couple hours to get it back down to 100 or less.

Hang in there. Hopefully the meds will work for you and your doc can help with dosage or holiday or something.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

jaco
                    Participant

Nell, I have been following your posts.  I will start the combo drug as soon as insurance approves ๐Ÿ™

Last post from you in July.  How are you doing now? I'm a little scared going on the combo drug, they don't really give you a chance to even think sometimes.  I have continued to work only taking some time after my lymph node dissection and through the radiation.  My days are getting limited and wonder if I will be able to work or take a leave?

jaco
                      Participant

Nell, I have been following your posts.  I will start the combo drug as soon as insurance approves ๐Ÿ™

Last post from you in July.  How are you doing now? I'm a little scared going on the combo drug, they don't really give you a chance to even think sometimes.  I have continued to work only taking some time after my lymph node dissection and through the radiation.  My days are getting limited and wonder if I will be able to work or take a leave?

jaco
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics