The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

FDA Approves 4-Week Nivolumab Dosing Schedule.

Forums General Melanoma Community FDA Approves 4-Week Nivolumab Dosing Schedule.

• Replies
      ed williams
      Participant

Thanks Brian, they said that the FDA would have an answer by March about 6 months ago. I wonder how this decision making process works??? Happy that this option will be out there, I wonder if they will allow early trial patients like myself to have the option or will they make me stay on the trial schedule??? Would be nice to only have to go in once a month vs every two weeks for blood work and Oncologist visit and back on another day for treatment. 

Brian j
          Participant

Hi Ed, I hope they can change that for you. I am every three weeks on Pembro seems to be working for me. Every four weeks would be an Improvement for me also, My Oncologist said they have had same success with Pembro in trials at 4 weeks also, but I would be hesitant to change up anything with the success I am having. Rock On!

dessie
            Participant

I just completed my first Opdivo infusion last week and will be returning in 2 weeks and continue this for the next year of treatment.  Hopefully, this option will be available for me as well as others.  Question is , is this as effective ?  I am not in any trials just treatement. I will def bring this up at our next appt.  

As a side, has anyone had any side effects from Opdivo alone?  Just curious …

Tx

Dessie

Bubbles
              Participant

Yes.  Most of us have.  Side effects occur, and are similar, with all immunotherapy, no matter if you are talking about anti-CTLA-4 (ipi/yervoy) or anti-PD-1 (pembro/keytruda or nivo/opdivo).  These side effects vary a great deal person to person and are increased in severity and frequency with ipi.  Here is a post that explains side effects to immunotherapy generally:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/10/side-effects-of-nivolumab.html

I wish you well.  Celeste

dessie
                Participant

Tx Celeste… I will keep my fingers crossed that the fatigue subsides as I return to wok Monday.  Geez only one treatment too..wonder if its psychosomatic,,,i will keep everyone informed my journey,,

Dessie

Viewing 0 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics