The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Fatigue on Zel

Forums General Melanoma Community Fatigue on Zel

Participant

Has anyone found anything that helps the fatigue of the ZEL ?    Vit.  B-1 (benfotiadine) has done the trick for his neuropathy shooting pains in his legs/feet at night and day, but he is still fighting pretty bad fatigue.   The B-1 saved him from taking that nasty neurotin, so that was a huge blessing.

Has anyone found anything that helps the fatigue of the ZEL ?    Vit.  B-1 (benfotiadine) has done the trick for his neuropathy shooting pains in his legs/feet at night and day, but he is still fighting pretty bad fatigue.   The B-1 saved him from taking that nasty neurotin, so that was a huge blessing.

Anyone come up with anything that helps that ???   He's still working 5 days a week and we keep our DATE DAY on Sat. to do lunch/movie or something, but it pretty much wipes him.   He's been anemic for a while.   (He's also taking a B-50 Complex).   Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated. 

THANKS, 

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X warrior Wayne)   <><

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Nancy,

Walking 1-2 miles 3 or so times a week seemed to help me in the summer/fall however now that I’m back on Zel, combined with the fatigue from Ipi, which I just finished, I am really limited these days.

Amy

Snickers60
            Participant

Are you taking any supplements, Amy ?   B- vitamins, etc.    The B-COMPLEX Stress Formula and sublingual B-12 seems to help, but not doing the whole TRICK.     He is doing soooo well on the Zel, it's a shame to still have this miserable fatigue.  I just know we can find something to combat it.   

Snickers60
              Participant

Are you taking any supplements, Amy ?   B- vitamins, etc.    The B-COMPLEX Stress Formula and sublingual B-12 seems to help, but not doing the whole TRICK.     He is doing soooo well on the Zel, it's a shame to still have this miserable fatigue.  I just know we can find something to combat it.   

Snickers60
                Participant

awillett1991
                Participant
                  Nancy,

Walking 1-2 miles 3 or so times a week seemed to help me in the summer/fall however now that I’m back on Zel, combined with the fatigue from Ipi, which I just finished, I am really limited these days.

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant
                    Nancy,

Amy

aldakota22
                    Participant

Thanks for the kind thoughts.Also happy to read your posts.Keep sharing.I have never really had any fatigue on "Z".Probably because I am able to get a good nights sleep which Wayne has not been able to.I did loose some strenght and some finger joint pain but all minor issues.This drug"Z" is a giant step in finding a cure.Keep the faith.God bless.Beat the Beast.  Al 

aldakota22
                      Participant

Thanks for the kind thoughts.Also happy to read your posts.Keep sharing.I have never really had any fatigue on "Z".Probably because I am able to get a good nights sleep which Wayne has not been able to.I did loose some strenght and some finger joint pain but all minor issues.This drug"Z" is a giant step in finding a cure.Keep the faith.God bless.Beat the Beast.  Al 

aldakota22
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics