The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Fantastic news!

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Fantastic news!

Participant

I saw my oncologist, Dr. Melnyk, this morning. She went over the finding from the CT scan I had done on Tuesday. I couldn't have asked for much better results.

I've had three cycles of Keytruda. We noticed some changes for the better in some spots on my skin after just the first infusion. The CT scan confirms that things are moving in the right direction. Here are the most important parts of the radiologist's report:

"Previous studies have shown several nodules in the right lung. The largest of these is in the right lower lobe. This nodule was not demonstrated on a chest CT dated 1/6/2014. On a PET/CT dated 2/20/2015 the nodule measured 7.9 mm. In May this nodule mesaured 7.1 x 4.8 mm. It has now further shown a mild decrease in size, now measuring 5.9 x 3.5 mm. Other nodules in the right lung described on the previous examination in May are again seen on images 89 and 110. These also appear slightly smaller than on the previous study. There are no other lung nodules.

Impression:
      1. 3 subcentimeter nodules in the right lung described on studies from earlier this year appear to be slowly decreasing in size.

2. There has been a significant decrease in size of a previously described hypermetabolic cutaneous nodule involving the left chest wall posteriorly."

This is turning out to be a very good day. 🙂

-Bill

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Never Gonna Stop
        Participant

Congratulations on that wonderful news! Keep up the good fight, and I'm rooting for you!

Best,

Justin

Never Gonna Stop
          Participant

Congratulations on that wonderful news! Keep up the good fight, and I'm rooting for you!

Best,

Justin

jbronicki
              Participant

Wonderful to hear the good news!

jbronicki
                Participant

jbronicki
                  Participant

Never Gonna Stop
                  Participant

Best,

Justin

Bubbles
                    Participant

That's wonderful! C

Bubbles
                      Participant

That's wonderful! C

Bubbles
                        Participant

That's wonderful! C

khubes
                          Participant

Fabulous!  Congratulations! 🙂 

khubes
                            Participant

khubes
                              Participant

dfeng
                                Participant

Happy for you!

dfeng
                                  Participant

Happy for you!

dfeng
                                    Participant

Happy for you!

RaquelP
                                      Participant

Amazing! Sing from the rooftops! Soak it up!! Congrats!

RaquelP
                                        Participant

RaquelP
                                          Participant

Scooby123
                                            Participant

Good news , keep up the good fight 

scooby

Scooby123
                                              Participant

scooby

Scooby123
                                                Participant

scooby

ET-SF
                                                  Participant

Woohoo!  🙂  Congratulations!

ET-SF
                                                    Participant

ET-SF
                                                      Participant

DZnDef
                                                        Participant

This is, indeed, FANTASTIC NEWS!!  Congratulations, Bill!

DZnDef
                                                          Participant

DZnDef
                                                            Participant

jamieth29
                                                              Participant
                                                                Great news Bill!!
                                                                jamieth29
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Great news Bill!!
                                                                  jamieth29
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Great news Bill!!
                                                                    Momofjake
                                                                    Participant

My 18yr old son had his scan yesterday. He has had 3 mo of keytruda. Similar results! Stable or shrinking. All visible tumors gone. Feeling great. Keep it up!! Enjoy some good news! Happy for you. 

Kerri

Momofjake
                                                                      Participant

My 18yr old son had his scan yesterday. He has had 3 mo of keytruda. Similar results! Stable or shrinking. All visible tumors gone. Feeling great. Keep it up!! Enjoy some good news! Happy for you. 

Kerri

tschmith
                                                                          Participant

Wonderful!  I bet your scans will be better and better in the coming months!  

I was on Keytruda from June 2014 to June 2015 and had similar results.  Just had scans on September 8th.  They were the first since discontinuing treatment and there were no signs of any progression!   

Best wishes!

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                            Participant

I was on Keytruda from June 2014 to June 2015 and had similar results.  Just had scans on September 8th.  They were the first since discontinuing treatment and there were no signs of any progression!   

Best wishes!

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                              Participant

Best wishes!

Terrie

mrsaxde
                                                                                Participant

Awesome news, Terrie! Best wishes to you for continued healing!

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                                                                  Participant

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                                                                    Participant

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                                                                      Participant

I'm glad your son is also doing well on Keytruda, Kerri! Please give him my best wishes for continued healing!

-Bill

Momofjake
                                                                                        Participant

Hi Bill!

was wondering how you are doing?!? Jake seems to still be getting better. Scans Dec 9. Actually looking forward to them for the first time!! 

Hope you are feeling SO well:)

Kerri–mom of jake

Momofjake
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Bill!

was wondering how you are doing?!? Jake seems to still be getting better. Scans Dec 9. Actually looking forward to them for the first time!! 

Kerri–mom of jake

Momofjake
                                                                                            Participant

Hi Bill!

Kerri–mom of jake

mrsaxde
                                                                                              Participant

I'm glad your son is also doing well on Keytruda, Kerri! Please give him my best wishes for continued healing!

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                                                                                Participant

-Bill

Momofjake
                                                                                                Participant

Kerri

mrsaxde
                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you everyone for the comments. Dr. Melnyk told me before my second infusion that she thinks Keytruda may turn out to be a miracle drug. I think she may be right.

I told my wife last night that if it wasn't for Yervoy, and now Keytruda, I just might be in the ground by now. Her nursing school roommate's husband was diagnosed with melanoma several years ago, and in less than six months he was dead. My disease has been "low volume," as my previous oncologist called it, but it seemed to be progressing rapidly. I had surgery last September to remove three lumps under my skin that had developed near the original excision site, and when the dressing was removed, there were already two more spots that had appeared.

Ipi seemed to slow things down, and maybe even reversed some of the growth, but new things were appearing, which is why Dr. Asif, my previous doctor, decided to go ahead and start me on Keytruda. Now everything appears to be moving in the right direction. There were a couple of small spots that were noted on the CT scan that the radiologist observed were slightly larger than in May. But because things had seemed to grow so fast, I'm wondering whether they were actually larger than they are now, and are also shrinking, because something like 6-8 weeks elapsed between my May scan and my first infusion with Keytruda in July.

I have a granddaughter who turned 2 in July. My desire ever since I learned of the recurrence of my melanoma last year was to live long enough for her to remember me after I was gone. Now, for the first time, I'm thinking that I just might be able to dance with her at her wedding.

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you everyone for the comments. Dr. Melnyk told me before my second infusion that she thinks Keytruda may turn out to be a miracle drug. I think she may be right.

I told my wife last night that if it wasn't for Yervoy, and now Keytruda, I just might be in the ground by now. Her nursing school roommate's husband was diagnosed with melanoma several years ago, and in less than six months he was dead. My disease has been "low volume," as my previous oncologist called it, but it seemed to be progressing rapidly. I had surgery last September to remove three lumps under my skin that had developed near the original excision site, and when the dressing was removed, there were already two more spots that had appeared.

Ipi seemed to slow things down, and maybe even reversed some of the growth, but new things were appearing, which is why Dr. Asif, my previous doctor, decided to go ahead and start me on Keytruda. Now everything appears to be moving in the right direction. There were a couple of small spots that were noted on the CT scan that the radiologist observed were slightly larger than in May. But because things had seemed to grow so fast, I'm wondering whether they were actually larger than they are now, and are also shrinking, because something like 6-8 weeks elapsed between my May scan and my first infusion with Keytruda in July.

I have a granddaughter who turned 2 in July. My desire ever since I learned of the recurrence of my melanoma last year was to live long enough for her to remember me after I was gone. Now, for the first time, I'm thinking that I just might be able to dance with her at her wedding.

-Bill

mrsaxde
                                                                                                      Participant

-Bill

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics