The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

FALSE ALARM!!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community FALSE ALARM!!!!

Participant

Hi friends,

The first time I posted I did so anonymously….sorry.

As we say in North Dakota, “Uffda!” It’s been a crazy week. After being NED from Stage IV Melanoma since November 2015, I found a lump under my arm a week and a half ago. I had an ultrasound and a biopsy last Thursday. My local doctor said cancer cells were present so I had a PET the next morning. I received results today. The PET was CLEAR and the final pathology in the biopsy came back CLEAR! I didn’t think this was a possibility and I’m grateful. I will do my happy dance after my team at M.D. Anderson reviews everything.

I’m sending all the positive vibes I can muster to those of you who in the thick of it.

Best wishes and love,

Ashley

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

I would fire that local Dr. and then buy a big bottle of Champagne and have a party!!! It is always nice to have good news around here!!!Best Wishes!!!Ed

Mat
          Participant

A little false alarm for Stage IV cancer never hurts, right?  Awesome news Ashley!

Bubbles
            Participant

See what crossing fingers can do????  Plan for the worst, but expect the best!  What else can you do when you walk in Stage IV melanoma shoes???  Hang in there. Live large! celeste

jennunicorn
              Participant

YAAAY!! So happy for you!! 

jbronicki
                Participant

What a roller coaster Ashley!  So glad it turned out to be false positive, what a complete relief!  So happy to hear!

sister of patient
                  Participant

Just the best news possible!!  🙂

Barb

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics