The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

FairyGirl at peace

Forums General Melanoma Community FairyGirl at peace

Participant

I dont know whether anyone will remember my sister Simone Fairbanks, she wrote on this board occasionally, Simone passed away on the 23rd May after a very brave fight.She was 35.

I dont know whether anyone will remember my sister Simone Fairbanks, she wrote on this board occasionally, Simone passed away on the 23rd May after a very brave fight.She was 35.

Simone was using the trial drug;Plx. It was working extremely well for 4 months with  a 70% reduction of tumors until the cancer came back suddenly. Simone was courageous until the cancer had taken contol. As a brother this journey with Simone has been horrible but also beautiful as i got to know my sister better then i have ever known her. Our whole family was with Simone when she died.We are so sad but we know now that the pain and suffering is over for her.I just thought that she would want me to leave this message to let everyone know that your support with replies really helped her knowing that it wasnt just her fighting this terrible disease. We will never forget Simone..

Damien Fairbanks.Loving brother and carer

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

I am so sorry to read that Simone has passed away. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Anyone affected by melanoma in some way is most welcome in our forum, as we are all here
          to support each other. People here really understand what you are going through, so please
          don't hesitate to come back to this forum and tell us how you are going.

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
          Participant

I am so sorry to read that Simone has passed away. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Anyone affected by melanoma in some way is most welcome in our forum, as we are all here
            to support each other. People here really understand what you are going through, so please
            don't hesitate to come back to this forum and tell us how you are going.

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

triciad
            Participant

Damien,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.  I hope that you and your family will find comfort in the joyous memories before melanoma.

My deepest sympathies,

Tricia

triciad
              Participant

Damien,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.  I hope that you and your family will find comfort in the joyous memories before melanoma.

My deepest sympathies,

Tricia

kim2712
                Participant

Damien,

I am so sorry to hear the news of your sister passing. I am happy to hear that you were able to strengthen your bond with her before she passed.

As a mother who lost her son on the 22nd of may to this insidious disease, I know that there are no words to ease your pain right now. I have, and still do go through every emotion on a daily basis. They say time will heal and the good memories will be in the forefront of your brain rather that the days that led up to her passing.

Please accept my sincerest condolences,

Fondly,

Kim, mother to Erik

Vermont_Donna
                    Participant

Dear Damien,

Thanks for letting us know about your sister. It is so sad. We have lost a lot of warriors lately to this damn disease. Frank is right, this board can be a for of solace in some way for grieving caregivers, so please do come back if you choose.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                      Participant

Dear Damien,

Thanks for letting us know about your sister. It is so sad. We have lost a lot of warriors lately to this damn disease. Frank is right, this board can be a for of solace in some way for grieving caregivers, so please do come back if you choose.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

kim2712
                      Participant

Damien,

I am so sorry to hear the news of your sister passing. I am happy to hear that you were able to strengthen your bond with her before she passed.

As a mother who lost her son on the 22nd of may to this insidious disease, I know that there are no words to ease your pain right now. I have, and still do go through every emotion on a daily basis. They say time will heal and the good memories will be in the forefront of your brain rather that the days that led up to her passing.

Please accept my sincerest condolences,

Fondly,

Kim, mother to Erik

lhaley
                        Participant

I do remember Simone. 

I am so sorry for your families loss. You sound very special to realize that you got to know your sister better because of this.    Know that she is now at peace and no longer in pain.

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

I do remember Simone. 

I am so sorry for your families loss. You sound very special to realize that you got to know your sister better because of this.    Know that she is now at peace and no longer in pain.

Linda

ValinMtl
                            Participant

Thank you for writing Damien.  Simone was only 35 and  that is so terribly wrong. But you do know that she is at safe in the arms of Jesus and no longer in pain or suffering.  It was wonderful that the entire family could be with her to support her in the end.  You're right it is such a terrible disease, and I pray there will be a solution some day soon.  Thinking of you, Val, xx stage IV

ValinMtl
                              Participant

Thank you for writing Damien.  Simone was only 35 and  that is so terribly wrong. But you do know that she is at safe in the arms of Jesus and no longer in pain or suffering.  It was wonderful that the entire family could be with her to support her in the end.  You're right it is such a terrible disease, and I pray there will be a solution some day soon.  Thinking of you, Val, xx stage IV

Sherron
                                Participant

I did not know Simone, but please know I do know your pain, as I only lost my husband 6 months ago.  She will be forever in your heart….and they are not in pain anymore.  Sending you hugs, love, & prayers for the days ahead.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                                  Participant

I did not know Simone, but please know I do know your pain, as I only lost my husband 6 months ago.  She will be forever in your heart….and they are not in pain anymore.  Sending you hugs, love, & prayers for the days ahead.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

JuleFL
                                    Participant
                                      Dear Damien,
                                      You and your family are so blessed to be with Simone as she passed from this world. God bless you all and rekindle all wonderful memories of her life with you. Jule
                                        JerryfromFauq
                                        Participant
                                          We remember the warriors and hate to see them leace us on the down side. We are greatful for what they have provided us and hhope that wh we haaave provided in rturn wa helpful.over time the good memories will slowly take a larger place in your memories than the bad ones. The pain will never go completly away and we really don’t want it to, but this does make life easier in the future..
                                          JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant
                                            We remember the warriors and hate to see them leace us on the down side. We are greatful for what they have provided us and hhope that wh we haaave provided in rturn wa helpful.over time the good memories will slowly take a larger place in your memories than the bad ones. The pain will never go completly away and we really don’t want it to, but this does make life easier in the future..
                                          JuleFL
                                          Participant
                                            Dear Damien,
                                            You and your family are so blessed to be with Simone as she passed from this world. God bless you all and rekindle all wonderful memories of her life with you. Jule
                                        Viewing 13 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics