The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Failed ipi/nivo now Mektovi

Forums General Melanoma Community Failed ipi/nivo now Mektovi

Participant
      Hi all, my father was on yervoy / opdivo for stage 4 Mets melanoma. He did his first treatment 3.5 weeks ago. When we went back for the second dose, he was unable to take it due to very bad levels in his kidneys and livers. Doctors can’t give him
      The combo anymore because of how bad the liver is.

We just switched to Mektovi. Does anyone have experience with this? It seems they are using this to suppress cancer growth in his liver.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        mrhubahuba
        Participant
          Mektovi and braftovi worked well on me. It’s quite fast acting too at least in my case. 4 days I experienced immediate results, tennis ball tumor on my back disapeared and liver pain went away. Last scan showed 1/2 reduction in tumors thanks to the tovi drugs. Its truly a miracle drug. Good luck to your father and I wish him full recovery!
          Only problem I have is I need to take steroids to keep liver enzymes down so I go on and off it untill I build up resistance. Everyone is different though and most people have no issues.

Cheers
          John

rusticgal4evr
            Participant
              I had three tumors in my bowels and a tumor in my liver. I had a bowel obstruction because of the tumors. The rovi pills helped remove the tumor in my liver and are killing the tu.ors in my bowels. I can eat again! They do help. I’m not well versed in it yet but more research tells me it was the right choice.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics