The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Failed Bio-Chemo Need Advise on PD-1 Antibody Combo

Forums General Melanoma Community Failed Bio-Chemo Need Advise on PD-1 Antibody Combo

Participant

I did the 6 rounds of Bio-Chemo things were shrinking well, then went on the maintenance part, did 2 rounds of maintenance then scans showed developed new tumors in the liver. There are multiple new lesions laterally in the liver in segment 8 there are new lesions in segment 5 and 6 as well. Existing tumors were stable or shrinking a little.

Dr. Weber advised I go on the PD-1 Antibody Combo Trial. There will not be any openings until 4 weeks pass, so I am getting worried about waiting so long before I can jump into treatment.

I did the 6 rounds of Bio-Chemo things were shrinking well, then went on the maintenance part, did 2 rounds of maintenance then scans showed developed new tumors in the liver. There are multiple new lesions laterally in the liver in segment 8 there are new lesions in segment 5 and 6 as well. Existing tumors were stable or shrinking a little.

Dr. Weber advised I go on the PD-1 Antibody Combo Trial. There will not be any openings until 4 weeks pass, so I am getting worried about waiting so long before I can jump into treatment.

My HLA Type is HLA2 Positive so Dr. Weber said I have good options. Asked if I could go on IPI first so I could get started on something quicker, he said I would not qualify on the PD-1 trial if IPI was first, but could do IPI  if the PD-1 trial did not work.

Moffit sent slides and bloodwork to see what I am compatible with as far as BRAF & Mek inhibitor trials I won't get results for about 3 weeks.

A friend found the MRI Guided Laser Ablation trial and I sent the contact a msg to see if I would qualify http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2010-jax/6006.html

Looking for any comments or advice that I should consider while I wait.

Thanks,

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        molly
        Participant

Rocky,

I don't have any words of advice but just wanted to wish you well as you begin your new trial! 

molly

molly
          Participant

Rocky,

I don't have any words of advice but just wanted to wish you well as you begin your new trial! 

molly

Rocklove
              Participant

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts.

Rocky

Rocklove
                Participant

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts.

Rocky

makedoandmend
                Participant

just wanted to drop you a line and say my thoughts are with you.  I learn a lot of from following your posts and wish you the best with the next level of treatment.

pat on long island

Rocklove
                    Participant

Thanks so much Pat. I pray that we will be following each others post for many more years to come.

Rocky

Rocklove
                      Participant

Thanks so much Pat. I pray that we will be following each others post for many more years to come.

Rocky

makedoandmend
                      Participant

just wanted to drop you a line and say my thoughts are with you.  I learn a lot of from following your posts and wish you the best with the next level of treatment.

pat on long island

James from Sydney
                        Participant

Hi Rocky 

its frustrating waiting for things to start. I read Delcath presented their Liver Perfusion method at ASCO this year with promising results. It isolates the liver from your body so the rest of you does not get a punch. This might slow/stop progression until you start something else.

Look up Delcath.com

best wishes

James

Rocklove
                            Participant

Thanks James, I will bring this up to the doctor. I think they do the Delcath system @ Moffit.. but not sure.

Rocky

Rocklove
                              Participant

Thanks James, I will bring this up to the doctor. I think they do the Delcath system @ Moffit.. but not sure.

Rocky

James from Sydney
                              Participant

Hi Rocky 

its frustrating waiting for things to start. I read Delcath presented their Liver Perfusion method at ASCO this year with promising results. It isolates the liver from your body so the rest of you does not get a punch. This might slow/stop progression until you start something else.

Look up Delcath.com

best wishes

James

Amy Busby
                                Participant

I hope whatever you end up doing will work for you.  Lord knows you've earned some serious break time from the Beast.

Hang in there Rocky!  You're a tough fighter. 

Love,

Amy

Rocklove
                                    Participant

Love You Too Amy… Your posting… and that is a wonderful thing.

Rocky

Rocklove
                                      Participant

Love You Too Amy… Your posting… and that is a wonderful thing.

Rocky

Amy Busby
                                      Participant

I hope whatever you end up doing will work for you.  Lord knows you've earned some serious break time from the Beast.

Hang in there Rocky!  You're a tough fighter. 

Love,

Amy

JuleFL
                                        Participant

Wishing you the best, Rocky.

Jule

JuleFL
                                          Participant

Wishing you the best, Rocky.

Jule

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Hi Rocky,

I read with angst your news……I too learn a lot from your posts plus I admire your steady pace of searching, researching, and keeping optimistic in spite of certain drugs not working. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will get sorted out very soon, I known none of us like waiting! I am sending positive thoughts and wishes for your melanoma to respond to a treatment soon!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Rocklove
                                                Participant

Thanks Donna,

I appreciate the kind thoughts and wishes. We are going to keep moving forward as far as I can go. And keep fighting.

Rocky

Rocklove
                                                  Participant

Thanks Donna,

I appreciate the kind thoughts and wishes. We are going to keep moving forward as far as I can go. And keep fighting.

Rocky

Vermont_Donna
                                                    Participant

Hi Rocky,

I read with angst your news……I too learn a lot from your posts plus I admire your steady pace of searching, researching, and keeping optimistic in spite of certain drugs not working. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will get sorted out very soon, I known none of us like waiting! I am sending positive thoughts and wishes for your melanoma to respond to a treatment soon!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Rocklove
                                                      Participant

Thanks Jule I appreciate the kind words.

Rocky

Rocklove
                                                        Participant

Thanks Jule I appreciate the kind words.

Rocky

stillhopeful
                                                        Participant

I'm on the ipi trial, but wish I had done the Anti PD1 trial first.  I've heard very good things about Anti PD 1, and there are fewer side effects than ipi.  

I cannot comment on how waiting 4 weeks will affect you, but I know I had to wait 28 days after chemo before I could begin the ipi trial.  It is possible that you will need to wait to start any trial.  

It is good to know if you are BRAF positive, but I think the probability of a durable response is much higher with antiPD1 than BRAF.  

I hope that things turn out well for you.

Rocklove
                                                            Participant

Thanks stillhopeful,

I hope your ipi trial does well. I appreciate the advice and will keep it close to my thinking cap when conversations and options begin with the Dr….

Rocky

Rocklove
                                                              Participant

Thanks stillhopeful,

I hope your ipi trial does well. I appreciate the advice and will keep it close to my thinking cap when conversations and options begin with the Dr….

Rocky

stillhopeful
                                                              Participant

I'm on the ipi trial, but wish I had done the Anti PD1 trial first.  I've heard very good things about Anti PD 1, and there are fewer side effects than ipi.  

I cannot comment on how waiting 4 weeks will affect you, but I know I had to wait 28 days after chemo before I could begin the ipi trial.  It is possible that you will need to wait to start any trial.  

It is good to know if you are BRAF positive, but I think the probability of a durable response is much higher with antiPD1 than BRAF.  

I hope that things turn out well for you.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics