The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Faces of Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Faces of Melanoma

Participant

Some time ago, when this was MPIP, an upstart Don W started a website that to this day isstill maintained by him  hosted by Coleen, a melanoma survivor that runs an internet hosting company where people submitted photos of people and events relative to melanoma who chatted here and met one another.

It's worth a look to understand the history and community that existed because it matches names with faces.

http://melasuckanoma.com

Charlie S

Some time ago, when this was MPIP, an upstart Don W started a website that to this day isstill maintained by him  hosted by Coleen, a melanoma survivor that runs an internet hosting company where people submitted photos of people and events relative to melanoma who chatted here and met one another.

It's worth a look to understand the history and community that existed because it matches names with faces.

http://melasuckanoma.com

Charlie S

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Charlie,

I sure did enjoy looking back at our pictures at Chapel Hill. 

I'm sending you a toast of rum and coke!

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Charlie,

I sure did enjoy looking back at our pictures at Chapel Hill. 

I'm sending you a toast of rum and coke!

Linda

debbieVA
            Participant

Linda….

Was Rum and Coke Charlie's poison that night?  I LMAO one minute he was sober…the next he was in the Fireman Carry Stance.   Well he was walking on his own steam by the end of the evening….that was a fun evening!  Hope to see you all back at UNC's 2nd/ annual Melanoma Symposium….Chapel Hill….

Hang tight Charlie!!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
              Participant

Linda….

Was Rum and Coke Charlie's poison that night?  I LMAO one minute he was sober…the next he was in the Fireman Carry Stance.   Well he was walking on his own steam by the end of the evening….that was a fun evening!  Hope to see you all back at UNC's 2nd/ annual Melanoma Symposium….Chapel Hill….

Hang tight Charlie!!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

I remember how great it was to see the pictures and put faces to the names of my new found friends.  Alas so many have gone now….but loads are still here and kicking up our heels.

Amy Busby
                    Participant

I can't remember if I ever uploaded any pics to melasuckanoma.  I need to check.  I have been so blessed to meet so many of our little group in person.  It's always a fun filled occasion, but bitterweet remembering those we've lost.  I'd love to have another get together.  Maybe centered around an event like we did with the symposium in Chapel Hill.

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                      Participant

I can't remember if I ever uploaded any pics to melasuckanoma.  I need to check.  I have been so blessed to meet so many of our little group in person.  It's always a fun filled occasion, but bitterweet remembering those we've lost.  I'd love to have another get together.  Maybe centered around an event like we did with the symposium in Chapel Hill.

Love,

Amy

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

I remember how great it was to see the pictures and put faces to the names of my new found friends.  Alas so many have gone now….but loads are still here and kicking up our heels.

Charlie,

Thank you so much for posting the Chapel Hill photos.  Even though I only visited for a very short time, I was so happy and honored to meet all of you!  

My best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery from your latest illness.

ellen – dads daughter

Charlie,

Thank you so much for posting the Chapel Hill photos.  Even though I only visited for a very short time, I was so happy and honored to meet all of you!  

My best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery from your latest illness.

ellen – dads daughter

JoanR
                        Participant

Charlie what a thoughtful thing to remember and to post. It certainly brings back memories and makes me feel so fortunate to have met so many wonderful peopl…The silver lining of melanoma.  Thanks again…Warpie

JoanR
                          Participant

Charlie what a thoughtful thing to remember and to post. It certainly brings back memories and makes me feel so fortunate to have met so many wonderful peopl…The silver lining of melanoma.  Thanks again…Warpie

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics