The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ezio’s flight has been lost

Forums General Melanoma Community Ezio’s flight has been lost

Participant

It is with great sadness I post this.   Ezio last Monday lost the battle with melanoma.   We had tried targeted therapy with dabrafnib and tremetinib. Switched to pembro. And then in combo added in ipi.   We just ran out of time.  After 3 gamma knife , whole brain radiation and additional SRS.  We still lost.    The lungs and adrenal glands all shrank.  But the brain kept progressing.  Things went out if control the last month. And things changed overnight.  He lost the battle last Monday. He will be Forever missed.  

Elizabeth   

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        jbronicki
        Participant
          Dear Elizabeth,I’m so very sorry, heart hurts for you and ezio. I can only say that you have been a loving, dedicated and relentless caregiver for Ezio. And im sure he knew how much that means in this very tough and unpredictable world. So very sorry for you and him and your families, that’s such a tremendous loss. Many hugs
          casagrayson
          Participant

I'm so very sorry, Elizabeth.  Ezio was a real fighter, and he had such a brave warrior in you by his side.  Take comfort in the fact that you guys did everything you could.

HeidiZ
              Participant

Elizabeth, I’m so sorry.  You were a wonderful support for Ezio and he was lucky to have you by his side through this very difficult time.  My sincere condolences to you and your family.  Heidi

KellyH
              Participant

Elizabeth…I am so so sorry. My heart breaks for you and your family.  There are no words suitable for such a loss, but please know my thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time. 

Kelly 

Coragirl
                Participant

I am so very sorry for your loss.

betsyl
                  Participant

So sad for what you're going through. I hope you have loved ones close by who can give you hugs and be with you during this time. Virtual hug from me, a fellow wife of patient.

stars
                    Participant

I'm so sorry to hear that, Elizabeth. He fought the good fight. RIP Ezio.

WithinMySkin
                      Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers of strength and healing headed your way.

Lauren

aramat
                        Participant

So very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

marta010
                          Participant

I’m very sorry to hear this news. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. 

Ann

Bubbles
                            Participant

So very sorry, Elizabeth.  Ezio was blessed to have your love and care.  Yours, celeste

lkb
                              Participant

Oh, Elizabeth! I'm sorry for your loss. Your loving care was a gift to Ezio. Wishing you all the best.

Lisa

So sorry to hear this news.  Thank you for updating us.

Maureen038
                                  Participant

Elizabeth, 

I’m so deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved Ezio. My heart goes out to you for the devastating pain you are going through. Please take comfort in knowing you both fought valiantly. You are in my prayers.

Maureen❤️

mandyjill
                                  Participant

Elizabeth, my heart hurts for you and your family.  I had been praying for Ezio.  I hate this terrible disease.  I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

MMH
                                    Participant

Thinking of you and your family. Thank you for sharing Ezio's story with all of us.  

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics