The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eye Floaters

Forums General Melanoma Community Eye Floaters

Participant

Given that Melanoma makes us total worry warts… a few weeks back I got a horrible rotten head cold.  I still have some lingering congestion.  During that time I did get migraines a few times (the visual distriburances… I have noticed that caffeine is my trigger for those).  But I've also noticed an increase in eye floaters.  Now a lot of this is probably due to the fact that I noticed they were there and not can't stop looking for them!  

Given that Melanoma makes us total worry warts… a few weeks back I got a horrible rotten head cold.  I still have some lingering congestion.  During that time I did get migraines a few times (the visual distriburances… I have noticed that caffeine is my trigger for those).  But I've also noticed an increase in eye floaters.  Now a lot of this is probably due to the fact that I noticed they were there and not can't stop looking for them!  

I did see my opthamologist who said my eyes look great!  and I'll be in to see my doctor on Monday so I'll for sure bring it up!  

But curious – did anyone on PD1 have an increase in eye floaters?  or anyone worst case/thoughts – did you notice this happen and then find out there was a brain tumor?  

I'm sure it's 90% anxiety!  with dry eyes and everything else going on…  

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          I get these as part of my immune reaction to Ipi – I think it’s thyroid related. Been to eye Dr several times and all is good. Had brain mets, but they are gone now. They come and go.
            Erinmay22
            Participant

I seem to get eye floaters when I get bad colds or once I notice them it's hard to ignore them again!  I asked my eye doctor about them in November and they said eyes looked fine and that it's normal to have them.

Amy – interesting on the thyroid piece.  Maybe the ipi is what caused them in November?  They haven't checked my thyroid #'s since Nov… I asked my nurse about them this week.  I was surprised since a few weeks ago the doc mentioned they would test it since they know with ipi and pd1 you get the thyroid issues…  Never a dull moment for us melanoma warriors huh? 

Have a great weekend!

Erin

Erinmay22
              Participant

I seem to get eye floaters when I get bad colds or once I notice them it's hard to ignore them again!  I asked my eye doctor about them in November and they said eyes looked fine and that it's normal to have them.

Amy – interesting on the thyroid piece.  Maybe the ipi is what caused them in November?  They haven't checked my thyroid #'s since Nov… I asked my nurse about them this week.  I was surprised since a few weeks ago the doc mentioned they would test it since they know with ipi and pd1 you get the thyroid issues…  Never a dull moment for us melanoma warriors huh? 

Have a great weekend!

Erin

Erinmay22
                Participant

Have a great weekend!

Erin

awillett1991
                Participant
                  I get these as part of my immune reaction to Ipi – I think it’s thyroid related. Been to eye Dr several times and all is good. Had brain mets, but they are gone now. They come and go.
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics