The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

encephalomalacia

Forums General Melanoma Community encephalomalacia

Participant

does anyone know what encephalomalacia  means?  Is it bad?

does anyone know what encephalomalacia  means?  Is it bad?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Here is some info on encephalomalacia:
          http://www.medpedia.com/questions/106-can-encephalomalacia-be-treated

I don't know how serious this condition is, as I have only just started reading about
          it. However, it doesn't sound good. What has the doctor said?

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

kristine
            Participant

My husband completed WBR June 2011, IPI Sept 2011.   Several lesions completely dissappeared except for one that continues to grow.  They are doing a spinal tap to see if there is any melanoma in the fluid tomorrow.  We were told if there was they would not want to treat the brain tumor with SRS.  He would have to do another systemic therapy.  – Anyone have a similar experience?   Everything else in his body has either completely resolved or stayed stable.  That one stupid tumor needs to go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kristine
              Participant

My husband completed WBR June 2011, IPI Sept 2011.   Several lesions completely dissappeared except for one that continues to grow.  They are doing a spinal tap to see if there is any melanoma in the fluid tomorrow.  We were told if there was they would not want to treat the brain tumor with SRS.  He would have to do another systemic therapy.  – Anyone have a similar experience?   Everything else in his body has either completely resolved or stayed stable.  That one stupid tumor needs to go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kristine
                Participant

kristine
                  Participant

kristine
                    Participant

kristine
                      Participant

FormerCaregiver
                      Participant

I don't know how serious this condition is, as I have only just started reading about

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                        Participant

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics