The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eleven years down the line with Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Eleven years down the line with Melanoma

Participant

Hi all, Just receivd the most wonderful news. After 4 infusions of IPI, my latest scan indicates no further evidence of disease. Cannot believe it as there were three large tumours that had re-appeared after my last op in Nov 2016 so the IPI worked.

I really must thank you all for the inspiration I got through all your posts even though I did not contribute much by way of posting. Wishing all you soldiers well in the fight against this dreaded disease. Wally

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        miaka618
        Participant
          Way to go Wally! Great news!
          cancersnewnormal
          Participant

NED! High fives and happy dances! 

sister of patient
            Participant

That's great Wally – the best news!! Congratulations! Best wishes always!!

Barb 

AliCat61
              Participant

Wally, that is such wonderful news! Thank you for sharing!

Congratulations!  So happy to hear your good news.

Bubbles
                Participant

Yay, Wally!  As far as contribute…you just did!!!  It's crazy to come out the other side isn't it???  Congrats! – c

WallyE
                  Participant

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes. The choices I made and inspiration I received during this journey were all due to the advice passed on by you guys. It worked and THANK YOU. Love to all. I stay in South Africa and am now looking forward to a 3 month visit to my son and his family in Australia.

MelanomaMike
                    Participant
                      That is awesome Wally! Im right behind ya, its been 9 years for me since my diagnosis yet i suspected my mole many years before my Diagnosis…Im gunna have some kind of treatment, not sure what to decide but “something” will be done! Good news for you bro! Keep up yer scans…
                      WithinMySkin
                      Participant

Love hearing such great news!

melanomafighter
                        Participant

Congrats

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics