The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Elevated LFTS

Forums General Melanoma Community Elevated LFTS

Participant

My ast doubled to 660 one week after Keytruda . I have mets to liver . Trying to stay positive 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

How are you feeling though? Are you able to eat ok, maintain your weight, have a decent amount of energy? If so your liver is taking a bit of a hit but is able to manage it. Also it is important to look at all 3 liver numbers. Because just one is up could be caused by normal things. One time the Doc told me something I ate that morning could have caused the blood work to show it was up because it was the liver processing that food releasing the thing they look for in the blood. He said it different but that's the way I understood it. When I was on vemurafenib all 3 livers numbers jumped from normal to above normal in 3 weeks. It was already determined that Med failed me so we stopped it. Couple weeks later one of the numbers was normal again so the doc was relieved my liver was not damaged. It took over a year for them all to get back to normal. Most of that time I was on keytruda.

Now you have liver mets so that does make a difference in that your liver is also trying to fight them while still functioning. That's where something like a liver embolism or radiation pellets like I mentioned before might be something that would help.

Artie

Debbieamccoy
            Participant

My alt is 78 my alk phos  is 297 and bili 4.2. Earlier this week I couldn't eat with out n/v now I'm eating and feel good overall I'm ght .Its just that my ast doubled in one week but my LDH DROPPED 800 points. Im staying positive

Debbieamccoy
              Participant

My alt is 78 my alk phos  is 297 and bili 4.2. Earlier this week I couldn't eat with out n/v now I'm eating and feel good overall I'm ght .Its just that my ast doubled in one week but my LDH DROPPED 800 points. Im staying positive

Debbieamccoy
                Participant

arthurjedi007
                Participant

How are you feeling though? Are you able to eat ok, maintain your weight, have a decent amount of energy? If so your liver is taking a bit of a hit but is able to manage it. Also it is important to look at all 3 liver numbers. Because just one is up could be caused by normal things. One time the Doc told me something I ate that morning could have caused the blood work to show it was up because it was the liver processing that food releasing the thing they look for in the blood. He said it different but that's the way I understood it. When I was on vemurafenib all 3 livers numbers jumped from normal to above normal in 3 weeks. It was already determined that Med failed me so we stopped it. Couple weeks later one of the numbers was normal again so the doc was relieved my liver was not damaged. It took over a year for them all to get back to normal. Most of that time I was on keytruda.

Now you have liver mets so that does make a difference in that your liver is also trying to fight them while still functioning. That's where something like a liver embolism or radiation pellets like I mentioned before might be something that would help.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics