The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

EBUS

Participant
      Hi all,
      I’m stage 3 and have now had 10 out of 26 bi-weekly infusions of Nivo. I have had a few side effects: constipation, pruritus and hypothyroid. My last CT scan showed up lung nodules and enlarged lymph nodes in my chest. I’ve been referred to a Respiratory consultant who wants to do an Endobronchial Ultrasound to determine if the enlarged lymph nodes are inflammation caused by the treatment or melanoma. I’m booked in for Tuesday and am pretty scared. The biggest fear is that the treatment isn’t working. Has anybody had one? What was it like? How was your recovery?
      Thanks
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        obtu.bt
        Participant
          Hi, I had Ebus about 2 weeks ago and it is a very short and quick operation. I go to work next day without any problem. No need to wait for recovery. Don’t worry at all. During operation I was awake and looking at what they were doing. For me the bad news was pathology report that come melanoma and I started ipi nivo combo last week. Good luck for you.
          Tracyyy
          Participant
            Hi Zelda, my mum is also stage 3 on a trial-spartalizumab (immunotherapy similar to Keytruda and Opdivo) and Taf/Mek. Around her 10 infusion she also got enlarged nodes in her chest, which on the next scan were almost completely gone, then on the next scan enlarged again and vary on each scan. They haven’t made a biopsy but her onc thinks it is a side effect from treatment. Good luck and please keep us updated as we are in similar situaiton
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics