The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Early Christmas for me

Forums General Melanoma Community Early Christmas for me

Participant

For those of you familiar with me, you know I have been on Zelboraf for quite some time and that over the past fifteen months or so, I have had issues with my bilirubin being high.  At my six week NYU check-up this week, the bilirubin count came back quite low.

When I came home from NYU the mailman had delivered the news from my recent colonoscopy  – no problem, repeat in five years.

Today I met with my urologist about last week’s prostate biopsy (third biopsy since diagnosis) – prostate cancer – NED!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant

Wonderful news!  Merry Christmas!

Amy

awillett1991
          Participant

Amy

awillett1991
            Participant

Amy

BrianP
              Participant

Incredible!  Very happy for you.  I'm not familiar with your prostrate side of the house.  I'm sure you have attacked that separately from your mel but do they think the mel treatment is also helping on that front as well?  Enjoy your Christmas.  I don't know what's left for Santa to bring you!

Brian

BrianP
                Participant

Incredible!  Very happy for you.  I'm not familiar with your prostrate side of the house.  I'm sure you have attacked that separately from your mel but do they think the mel treatment is also helping on that front as well?  Enjoy your Christmas.  I don't know what's left for Santa to bring you!

Brian

BrianP
                  Participant

Brian

Richard_K
                      Participant

Brian,

When prostate was diagnosed in August 2011, I made the decision to watch and wait with no treatment.

I have not been able to find any links of prostate cancer and vemurafenib, and that will be a question for my melanoma oncologist when I tell her about this on Monday.  My urologist has not seen any cases where it is gone without any prostate specific treatment and plans to bring up at an upcoming urogoly conference.

Richard_K
                        Participant

Brian,

When prostate was diagnosed in August 2011, I made the decision to watch and wait with no treatment.

I have not been able to find any links of prostate cancer and vemurafenib, and that will be a question for my melanoma oncologist when I tell her about this on Monday.  My urologist has not seen any cases where it is gone without any prostate specific treatment and plans to bring up at an upcoming urogoly conference.

Richard_K
                          Participant

Brian,

Kellie-T
                          Participant

Hi Dick,

It's Kellie. I'm so glad to hear of your news. I must say it's quite the torch you hold for us being so far out on treatment and remaining NED! You keep my hope in full swing anytime I have doubts. I too have been taking Z for about 22 months. Scans in October (my three year mark from reoccurrence) remain NED. Six week labs just completed which also remain great. I watched Barbara Walters most fascinating people the other day and Robin Roberts made a profound statement that I think we all can relate to (not a direct quote but to this effect), "my fear comes from my past, my future is unknown, I am learning every day to live in my present and enjoy what I have today."

Hope you have a great holiday and safe and Happy New Year!

Kellie

Kellie-T
                            Participant

Hi Dick,

It's Kellie. I'm so glad to hear of your news. I must say it's quite the torch you hold for us being so far out on treatment and remaining NED! You keep my hope in full swing anytime I have doubts. I too have been taking Z for about 22 months. Scans in October (my three year mark from reoccurrence) remain NED. Six week labs just completed which also remain great. I watched Barbara Walters most fascinating people the other day and Robin Roberts made a profound statement that I think we all can relate to (not a direct quote but to this effect), "my fear comes from my past, my future is unknown, I am learning every day to live in my present and enjoy what I have today."

Kellie

Kellie-T
                              Participant

Hi Dick,

Kellie

Richard_K
                                  Participant

Kellie,

Good to hear, keep it going.

Richard_K
                                    Participant

Kellie,

NYKaren
                                      Participant

Dick,

Fantastic news. I'm going this Friday, 12/27 at 9: am. Dr. P said that if you, Al and I come together, she'll bake cookies for us.  What do you say?  Seriously, I''m so happy for you. 

Enjoy!

karen

NYKaren
                                        Participant

Dick,

Fantastic news. I'm going this Friday, 12/27 at 9: am. Dr. P said that if you, Al and I come together, she'll bake cookies for us.  What do you say?  Seriously, I''m so happy for you. 

Enjoy!

karen

NYKaren
                                          Participant

Dick,

Enjoy!

karen

Richard_K
                                            Participant

I'm game.  We need to sign Al up.  I understand Dr. P is quite a baker.

Richard_K
                                              Participant

Richard_K
                                                Participant

Richard_K
                                                  Participant

Kellie,

Tina D
                                                  Participant

Soemhow I missed this update when you posted. Great news and I am so happy to hear it! Congratulations on the good reports and all the best to you in this new year ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                    Participant

Soemhow I missed this update when you posted. Great news and I am so happy to hear it! Congratulations on the good reports and all the best to you in this new year ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                      Participant

Tina

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics