The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dropping in to say ‘hello’

Forums General Melanoma Community Dropping in to say ‘hello’

Participant

Long time stage IV  survivor and (one time) regular poster, I like to drop in to see what the latest is and share with all the new folks that there is hope in surviving melanoma.

I just passed the 12th anniversary of being diagnosed stage IV and am currently NED. 

I am always thinking of my fellow MELS and hoping nothing but the best for all of you in your journeys.

Also, anyone in the central Ohio area who is looking for a melanoma support group, we have one that meets at 6:30- 7:30/8:00 p.m. the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Stephanie Spielman Center at OSU/James Cancer Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.

Information on our annual melanoma symposium, the latest in research and treatment options, as well as, guest speakers and recreational outings throughout the year, make it one of the best support groups in Ohio! Our facilitators are members of the melanoma team at OSU. They and other members of the group, including our docs, ride and/or participate every year in Pelatonia- they really live, breathe, and dedicate their lives to fighting melanoma. 

Come join us!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jahendry12
        Participant

Thanks for posting!  CONGRATS on the 12 years!!!  I do believe it lifts peoples spirits to hear from people like you that are living their lives while 'maintaining' a stage IV status.  My hope is that many more people can live with melanoma and it becomes just a chronic condition that needs to be maintained and watched.

Thank you again!!!!!!

Hukill
          Participant

May I ask what treatment/s you received?

KRob
              Participant

Sure. 

My treatments consisted of wide excision with lymphotomy; gamma knife treatments (3); Temodar oral chemo (16 rounds); lobectomy of lower right lung; and a craniotomy of right parietal lobe. 

Maria C
                Participant

Thanks so much for dropping in and sharing!! Just what I needed to hear too – the voices of fellow brain met survivors! May I ask when your last gamma knife and craniotomy treatments were?

snow white
                Participant

Thank you for posting, it is so awesome to hear positive outcomes!

Jen

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics