The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dr Mercola and the Cancer Hoax

Forums General Melanoma Community Dr Mercola and the Cancer Hoax

Participant

I don't know if anyone on this board knows or reads Dr Mercola's blogs…but these last few weeks he has been running stories about Dr Burzynski and how this doctor's drug trial studies got axed by NIH…his study was about certain peptides…whatever…anyway, i hate it everytime there is some sort of 'conspiracy theory'…because it is upsetting to hear people run their mouths about being a 'possible' cure for cancer that was denied by the government because of jealousy, idiocy, whatever and cancer victims missed the boat…

I don't know if anyone on this board knows or reads Dr Mercola's blogs…but these last few weeks he has been running stories about Dr Burzynski and how this doctor's drug trial studies got axed by NIH…his study was about certain peptides…whatever…anyway, i hate it everytime there is some sort of 'conspiracy theory'…because it is upsetting to hear people run their mouths about being a 'possible' cure for cancer that was denied by the government because of jealousy, idiocy, whatever and cancer victims missed the boat…

i used to like reading mercola but i am beginning to think THIS guy is a HOAX…and very irresponsible…i would think if there is ANY validity  in regards to burzynski, a drug company would be NUTs not to buy the patent…cures are BIG MONEY…just look at the cost of yervoy…but then again, desperation makes one doubt and doubt….

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        justlittleoleme
        Participant

I was just recently given Dr. Mercola's blog from a chiropractic friend.

I am reading Knockout by Suzanne Somers.  Dr. Burzynski is written about in there.

What I have read makes me want to know more.

Thirty years ago my father(may he rest in peace), said they would never cure cancer because of the money they make.  How right he is!

The reason the government is so hyper critical of anyone against the standard of care, is that if their way really worked, the money boat would float away.

That being said, I do believe that there is room for an integrated approach using both traditional and natural therapies for helping to "cure" cancer. 

We are looking at our diet and making changes. We are changing to organic wherever possible.  We know that my husband's immune system was killing his melanoma just not fast enough.  He has been taking supplements and dietary changes since 2006.

One of the resonating facts in her book is that oncologists use a broad stroke brush with chemotherapies.  Give it to everyone and hope it works for someone. 

One thing we don't see here in the U.S. is the chemo-sensitivity testing that Germany does.  They can tell before administering chemo if the drugs will work on your cells. 

That being said, yes I read his blog, but I run it through a sanity filter.

justlittleoleme
          Participant

I was just recently given Dr. Mercola's blog from a chiropractic friend.

I am reading Knockout by Suzanne Somers.  Dr. Burzynski is written about in there.

What I have read makes me want to know more.

Thirty years ago my father(may he rest in peace), said they would never cure cancer because of the money they make.  How right he is!

The reason the government is so hyper critical of anyone against the standard of care, is that if their way really worked, the money boat would float away.

That being said, I do believe that there is room for an integrated approach using both traditional and natural therapies for helping to "cure" cancer. 

We are looking at our diet and making changes. We are changing to organic wherever possible.  We know that my husband's immune system was killing his melanoma just not fast enough.  He has been taking supplements and dietary changes since 2006.

One of the resonating facts in her book is that oncologists use a broad stroke brush with chemotherapies.  Give it to everyone and hope it works for someone. 

One thing we don't see here in the U.S. is the chemo-sensitivity testing that Germany does.  They can tell before administering chemo if the drugs will work on your cells. 

That being said, yes I read his blog, but I run it through a sanity filter.

Tracy Seattle
            Participant

I didn't watch the cancer hoax but I did watch Burzynski The Movie.  I can't say that I have fact checked it, however, they show live video from congressional hearings of patient's and parents whose children's lives were saved.  They also interviewed the judge from one of the trials against him by the board of health in the State of Texas and he was very clear that he felt that he was being targeted. The drug he developed is going into a 3rd phase FDA trial.  You don't get there if you don't have anything.  I do think if his patient's had not come forward and created a huge stink over what was happening to him he would probably be sitting in jail right now.  The FDA has really restricted how and when his drug can be given.  Cancer is a huge money business for all involved.  Unfortunately, where there are large amounts of money there is greed.  I don't believe that what Burzynski offers is a "cure" for every person and every cancer.  I do think for brain tumors his treatment has been effective and their are people alive that would not be now. 

I take a lot of natural supplements and use nutrition in my quest for healing and I am very alarmed at the legislation that has been proposed to control vitamins.  I think as cancer patients we need to be very aware at what is happening with health care and health care freedoms.  We need to be aware of the food we eat and how it is produced.  Cancer rates are skyrocketing.  Something is going on we need to wake up and take notice.  I don't like to be a big conspiracy person but, the food recalls that are on going on in this country are alarming and we are doing nothing to get this under control.  I am not aware of any stories of people dying from taking their vitamins.  This is a little off topic, but for me, I see it as part of the same larger issue of health.

I watched a very interesting Ted Talk this week on A new strategy in the war on cancer by Dr. David Agus.  It is very interesting and I think you might enjoy it.  Nothing conspiracy, just what one doctor is looking at in treating cancer.

Good luck in your quest.  I like your tag line!

Tracy

nickmac56
                Participant

cancer rates are not skyrocketing

http://progressreport.cancer.gov/trends-glance.asp

cancer is a disease of the aged and as longevity increases it would be unsurprising that some cancers would be more prevelant in older people. But a sweeping generalization or assertion does not overcome the data.

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Please check the data rates on melanoma and females between the ages of 15 and 29.

I also recently read that the melanooma rates for all used to be 1:1600  and that it is now 1 in 60 and increasing.  Wo

Would also be interested in your opinion of "Pink Slime" in our hamburgers.   http://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/nutrition/pink-slime.php

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Please check the data rates on melanoma and females between the ages of 15 and 29.

I also recently read that the melanooma rates for all used to be 1:1600  and that it is now 1 in 60 and increasing.  Wo

Would also be interested in your opinion of "Pink Slime" in our hamburgers.   http://www.disabled-world.com/fitness/nutrition/pink-slime.php

boot2aboot
                      Participant

i know my oncologist said the rates of mel were rising fastest with the 25 and under age group…she mentioned that most of those are braf +…clearly something in our environment is triggering mel and it's not just the sun or tanning beds…

as far as treatment goes…well it's just medieval….

i like the ted talk link and how germans decide on treatments…

boots

boot2aboot
                        Participant

i know my oncologist said the rates of mel were rising fastest with the 25 and under age group…she mentioned that most of those are braf +…clearly something in our environment is triggering mel and it's not just the sun or tanning beds…

as far as treatment goes…well it's just medieval….

i like the ted talk link and how germans decide on treatments…

boots

nickmac56
                          Participant

cancer rates are not skyrocketing

http://progressreport.cancer.gov/trends-glance.asp

cancer is a disease of the aged and as longevity increases it would be unsurprising that some cancers would be more prevelant in older people. But a sweeping generalization or assertion does not overcome the data.

Tracy Seattle
                          Participant

I didn't watch the cancer hoax but I did watch Burzynski The Movie.  I can't say that I have fact checked it, however, they show live video from congressional hearings of patient's and parents whose children's lives were saved.  They also interviewed the judge from one of the trials against him by the board of health in the State of Texas and he was very clear that he felt that he was being targeted. The drug he developed is going into a 3rd phase FDA trial.  You don't get there if you don't have anything.  I do think if his patient's had not come forward and created a huge stink over what was happening to him he would probably be sitting in jail right now.  The FDA has really restricted how and when his drug can be given.  Cancer is a huge money business for all involved.  Unfortunately, where there are large amounts of money there is greed.  I don't believe that what Burzynski offers is a "cure" for every person and every cancer.  I do think for brain tumors his treatment has been effective and their are people alive that would not be now. 

I take a lot of natural supplements and use nutrition in my quest for healing and I am very alarmed at the legislation that has been proposed to control vitamins.  I think as cancer patients we need to be very aware at what is happening with health care and health care freedoms.  We need to be aware of the food we eat and how it is produced.  Cancer rates are skyrocketing.  Something is going on we need to wake up and take notice.  I don't like to be a big conspiracy person but, the food recalls that are on going on in this country are alarming and we are doing nothing to get this under control.  I am not aware of any stories of people dying from taking their vitamins.  This is a little off topic, but for me, I see it as part of the same larger issue of health.

I watched a very interesting Ted Talk this week on A new strategy in the war on cancer by Dr. David Agus.  It is very interesting and I think you might enjoy it.  Nothing conspiracy, just what one doctor is looking at in treating cancer.

Good luck in your quest.  I like your tag line!

Tracy

RagnarofranciscoMD
                            Participant

Hi, I read your post and find it interesting.  Dr Mercola is not insinuating that there is a conspiracy.  He is suggesting that there may be a an inexpensive, non-toxic, cancer treatment that is more effective than chemotherapy.  We should all be interested in this.  If it even helped one person wouldn't that be worth it.?  It is clearly non-toxic, so who could possibly have a problem with this.  And like you say, Drug companies are always looking for cancer treatments, of course they'd want this to be available to all of their customers.  Except just one thing we've forgotten.  This treatment is so common and simple to produce it wilil never become a 100, 300, 500 or $1000 pill like many chemo formulas.  Because it is so inexpensive to produce, it will never be a "blockbuster drug."  To me a blockbuster drug is one that is effective and safe first, and profitable second, but unfortunately that's not the way it works with Cancer therapy…..I know you want there to be an effective/safe cancer treatment right?  Then when one is presented why do you call it a hoax?  Maybe you would rather beleive groups with a financial interest in keeping big drug companies in charge of your health, and the FDA making sure nothing other than big drug companies get a chance to complete their research, but Mercola doesn't make anything on any of the inexpensive therapies he talks about, nobody does, because their inexpensive and easy to produce with known compounds that already exist.  So if nobody is making any  money here who would have a problem?…..Oh I get it, the ones who have money to lose.  If you don't want to use it, that's fine, I have no problem with you haveing personal doubts, but don't you believe that as Americans, we should all get to choose for ourselves?

Dr Ragnar O Francisco

bcl
                                Participant

Hello Dr Ragnar O Francisco – I have two questions for you.

1) A google search of your name appears to bring up nothing. Please tell the board where you got your professional credentials. 

2) Does Dr Mercola charge for for his advice, or just his vitamins?

Thank you

pkerber
                                  Participant

Why am I not surprised that "Dr Ragnar O Francisco" never responded back.

bcl
                                    Participant

1) A google search of your name appears to bring up nothing. Please tell the board where you got your professional credentials. 

Thank you

bcl
                                      Participant

Thank you

RagnarofranciscoMD
                                      Participant

Hi, I read your post and find it interesting.  Dr Mercola is not insinuating that there is a conspiracy.  He is suggesting that there may be a an inexpensive, non-toxic, cancer treatment that is more effective than chemotherapy.  We should all be interested in this.  If it even helped one person wouldn't that be worth it.?  It is clearly non-toxic, so who could possibly have a problem with this.  And like you say, Drug companies are always looking for cancer treatments, of course they'd want this to be available to all of their customers.  Except just one thing we've forgotten.  This treatment is so common and simple to produce it wilil never become a 100, 300, 500 or $1000 pill like many chemo formulas.  Because it is so inexpensive to produce, it will never be a "blockbuster drug."  To me a blockbuster drug is one that is effective and safe first, and profitable second, but unfortunately that's not the way it works with Cancer therapy…..I know you want there to be an effective/safe cancer treatment right?  Then when one is presented why do you call it a hoax?  Maybe you would rather beleive groups with a financial interest in keeping big drug companies in charge of your health, and the FDA making sure nothing other than big drug companies get a chance to complete their research, but Mercola doesn't make anything on any of the inexpensive therapies he talks about, nobody does, because their inexpensive and easy to produce with known compounds that already exist.  So if nobody is making any  money here who would have a problem?…..Oh I get it, the ones who have money to lose.  If you don't want to use it, that's fine, I have no problem with you haveing personal doubts, but don't you believe that as Americans, we should all get to choose for ourselves?

Dr Ragnar O Francisco

RagnarofranciscoMD
                                        Participant

Dr Ragnar O Francisco

Viewing 6 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics