The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Don Started MK-3475 (Finally!)

Forums General Melanoma Community Don Started MK-3475 (Finally!)

Participant

Hello all,

I've been catching up on some of the more recent posts here regarding responses to PD-1 and other issues. We were at Mass General today to finally start the MK-3475. Don's start has been delayed by stomach, bladder, and intestinal mets, surgery, and blood loss presumably caused by anti-clotting medication that he is on because of a blood clot. (And that's only in the past couple of months!)

When the nurse in the infusion center brought in the little bag of MK-3475, I started to cry. Tears of relief that Don is finally getting a chance at this immunotherapy. He's been through so much, and is so thin, frail, weak, and nauseas.

What we learn from each other here on this site is still, to me, truly incredulous, helpful, and inspirational. Thank you all for sharing.

Janet Lee

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

That's really great, Janet!  I wish you and Don my very best.  Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Bubbles
            Participant

BrianP
              Participant

That is fantastic Janet!!!  Isn't it incredible how much hope that little clear bag of fluid that looks like water can provide.  I'm sure both of you will sleep good tonight knowing that magic juice is running through Don's veins.  Hope you guys have a quick response and Don feels better quickly.

NYKaren
                  Participant

Janet, 

please keep us posted. I'm starting Tuesday @ Sloan. Can hardly believe it. 

Love,

karen

Janet Lee
                    Participant

Good luck, Karen! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Keep on believing…

Janet

Janet Lee
                      Participant

Janet

Janet Lee
                        Participant

Janet

NYKaren
                          Participant

Janet, 

Love,

karen

NYKaren
                            Participant

Janet, 

Love,

karen

BrianP
                            Participant

That is fantastic Janet!!!  Isn't it incredible how much hope that little clear bag of fluid that looks like water can provide.  I'm sure both of you will sleep good tonight knowing that magic juice is running through Don's veins.  Hope you guys have a quick response and Don feels better quickly.

BrianP
                              Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics