The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

DNR

Participant

I'm so devastated. Shane had a DNR put in place. I understand why but it's so very painful to live through this. Knowing I can't call 911 for him if he stops breathing during a seizure breaks me inside. We now have a hospice doctor coming to the house to treat Shane and nurses daily providing care along with myself and family. Shane kicked the psw's out of his treatment plan as he was too uncomfortable with them. 

I lay awake at night and just wonder if we'll get through another day together. His PPS is 50% so I doubt there is much time left. 

Janis

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies

I'm sorry to hear of your news.  I hope you can find some peace during the time you do have together.  You are strong and your husband is truly blessed to have you.  There are no words to comfort you during this painful time.

Jennifer

Coragirl
        Participant

I am so sorry, I know there are no words that can bring you comfort at this time. I just wanted you to know that prayers are being sent up for you and your family.

Michelle820
          Participant

(((Hugs))) I am so sorry this is happening. Sending prayers your way. 

jenny22
            Participant

janis- as others have said, there are just no words at a time like this. I am so sorry ……hold him tight!!!!!!

Bubbles
              Participant

I can't imagine how difficult.  So very sorry.  Shane is so lucky to have you.  C

adriana cooper
                Participant

Janis, Adriana and my thoughts are with you. We were down that road, thankfully not as far and have been blessed to be able to step back from the edge a few steps. Hold him tight as he will allow, and tight as you can in your sprit.  Even though his body may leave you, the love the two of you have will last forever. Use all the resorces available to you now and in the future.

Rob

sgreenberg
                  Participant

Thinking of you, and hoping you both find peace soon.

sgreenberg
                    Participant

Thinking of you, and hoping you both find peace soon.

maperny
                      Participant

Janis, you are amazing, he knows that, he can feel that.  Just keep telling him you love him, he can hear you, you are bringing him such comfort, let your love wash over him.

I admire you so much

Maria

Patrisa
                        Participant

Dear Janis,

praying for you and your dear Shane… don't let the fear overwhelm you and take away from the precious moments you have left with him… you are so brave and strong….

Love,

Patrisa

MikeW
                          Participant

Thinking positive thoughts for you in the toughest of times. Do try to take care of yourself….

JustJaren
                            Participant

May you and your family and friends have peace during this transition. xoxo

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics