The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Diva/dian! on chat topic of Snow Ice Cream- forgot to add…

Forums General Melanoma Community Diva/dian! on chat topic of Snow Ice Cream- forgot to add…

Participant

I forgot to add that the *syrup*  I mentioned includes  2/3 cup milk ( or you can use whipping cream) .  You add the sugar and vanilla TO the milk ( or whipping cream – you can do the cream in the blender- but I don't).  Then you fold this syrup into the snow…adding more of whatever you need and topping off with additional snow for the ice cream consistency you prefer.

I forgot to add that the *syrup*  I mentioned includes  2/3 cup milk ( or you can use whipping cream) .  You add the sugar and vanilla TO the milk ( or whipping cream – you can do the cream in the blender- but I don't).  Then you fold this syrup into the snow…adding more of whatever you need and topping off with additional snow for the ice cream consistency you prefer.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

okay,..not sure I'll ever try this. It definatley WON"T be on my thanksgiving day list.

got my turkey brining!!

TinaR
            Participant

Shame to waste all that snow…although it is better to use FRESHLY fallen snow caught in bowls…to avoid the *yellow* that might be out there ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm making desserts today ๐Ÿ™‚

dian in spokane
              Participant

well…freshly falling snow is pretty abundant up here in the Northwest this week. It's not falling this SECOND, but will be again soon

dian in spokane
                Participant

well…freshly falling snow is pretty abundant up here in the Northwest this week. It's not falling this SECOND, but will be again soon

TinaR
                  Participant

Shame to waste all that snow…although it is better to use FRESHLY fallen snow caught in bowls…to avoid the *yellow* that might be out there ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm making desserts today ๐Ÿ™‚

dian in spokane
                  Participant

okay,..not sure I'll ever try this. It definatley WON"T be on my thanksgiving day list.

got my turkey brining!!

debbieVA
                    Participant

Got it!  Thanks for the clarification!  Next snow….It's SNOW CREAM for me!  

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving….Ours was great.

See you in chat…..

debbieVA

debbieVA
                      Participant

Got it!  Thanks for the clarification!  Next snow….It's SNOW CREAM for me!  

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving….Ours was great.

See you in chat…..

debbieVA

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics