The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dian’s News

Forums General Melanoma Community Dian’s News

Participant

Unfortunately, the news isn't good. Dian's husband, Bob, called me this morning with the news that after going home from her IL2 treatment, Dian had a brain hemmorage and is now back in Sacred Heart hospital in Spokane. Apparently the bleeding is stabilized now, but Dian is in and out of consciousness and she has motor problems on one side. Bob thinks she might have had an undetected brain met that caused the problem. Not much else to say other than I'm hoping she come through this.  

Unfortunately, the news isn't good. Dian's husband, Bob, called me this morning with the news that after going home from her IL2 treatment, Dian had a brain hemmorage and is now back in Sacred Heart hospital in Spokane. Apparently the bleeding is stabilized now, but Dian is in and out of consciousness and she has motor problems on one side. Bob thinks she might have had an undetected brain met that caused the problem. Not much else to say other than I'm hoping she come through this.  

Viewing 44 reply threads
    • Replies
        MarieM
        Participant

Hi Don, it's been a long time. I am DEVASTATED to hear this news. I don't pray very often, but I am praying hard today…….

Hugs and tears, Marie

MarieM
          Participant

Hi Don, it's been a long time. I am DEVASTATED to hear this news. I don't pray very often, but I am praying hard today…….

Hugs and tears, Marie

MarieM
            Participant

Hugs and tears, Marie

Janner
              Participant

My reply can't be posted here with the profanity filters.  Thanks for the update, Don.

MarieM
                  Participant

Jan,  just send your REAL reply to me. I'm there with you….

MarieM
                    Participant

MarieM
                      Participant

Janner
                      Participant

My reply can't be posted here with the profanity filters.  Thanks for the update, Don.

Janner
                        Participant

POW
                          Participant

I am sorry that Dian had a stroke. That is very frightening and disappointing. However, it is not necessarily a disaster.

My brother was first diagnosed with melanoma because he had a stroke that turned out to be caused by a bleeding melanoma tumor. At the time and for the next few days, he was mentally confused, couldln't talk because of speech aphasia, and his right side was partially paralyzed. However, with treatment and the incredible healing power of the body, most of his symptoms resolved within a couple of weeks.

Of course, every case is different and we don't even know if Dian's stroke was caused by a bleeding brain met. But just because Dian had a stroke, it does not mean that all is lost or that she will now begin an inexorable decline. Tell Dian and Bob to hang in there.  

POW
                            Participant

I am sorry that Dian had a stroke. That is very frightening and disappointing. However, it is not necessarily a disaster.

My brother was first diagnosed with melanoma because he had a stroke that turned out to be caused by a bleeding melanoma tumor. At the time and for the next few days, he was mentally confused, couldln't talk because of speech aphasia, and his right side was partially paralyzed. However, with treatment and the incredible healing power of the body, most of his symptoms resolved within a couple of weeks.

Of course, every case is different and we don't even know if Dian's stroke was caused by a bleeding brain met. But just because Dian had a stroke, it does not mean that all is lost or that she will now begin an inexorable decline. Tell Dian and Bob to hang in there.  

Hstevens0072
                                Participant
                                  Wise words of encouragement at this sad and scary time.
                                  Hstevens0072
                                  Participant
                                    Hstevens0072
                                    Participant
                                    POW
                                    Participant

CarolA
                                      Participant

I said it on the OTBB, words seem futile now.   Emotions are highly charged.   Hating this disease more than ever.   Praying for Diane's recovery, for strength for Bob.   We're all here, Diane, new and old alike.  

CarolA

Stage III for 8 years

CarolA
                                        Participant

I said it on the OTBB, words seem futile now.   Emotions are highly charged.   Hating this disease more than ever.   Praying for Diane's recovery, for strength for Bob.   We're all here, Diane, new and old alike.  

CarolA

Stage III for 8 years

CarolA
                                          Participant

CarolA

Stage III for 8 years

Tim–MRF

Diane was one of the first patients I got to know after coming to MRF in January of 2009.  I was able to meet her and Bob  that spring at the patient meeting in Seattle.  I have valued her counsel and input many, many times over the past four years and we spoke several times as she considered this last treatment approach.

Words cannot express how I feel in hearing this news.  She is a great human being, a wonderful musician, and a caring advocate.  We need her light in the world.  Hopes, thoughts and prayers going out for Diane, her family, and her many, many friends.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Diane was one of the first patients I got to know after coming to MRF in January of 2009.  I was able to meet her and Bob  that spring at the patient meeting in Seattle.  I have valued her counsel and input many, many times over the past four years and we spoke several times as she considered this last treatment approach.

Words cannot express how I feel in hearing this news.  She is a great human being, a wonderful musician, and a caring advocate.  We need her light in the world.  Hopes, thoughts and prayers going out for Diane, her family, and her many, many friends.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

vivian
                                                    Participant

Oh, No!!!!  So very sorry to read this news, but I will be holding Dian in the light and praying for her and her family.

Lear

vivian
                                                      Participant

Oh, No!!!!  So very sorry to read this news, but I will be holding Dian in the light and praying for her and her family.

Lear

vivian
                                                        Participant

Lear

mike_nj
                                                        Participant

This seems unreal and very sad to me.

I always had my belief that Dian was always one step ahead of this disease and hope that this is just a temporary setback and she regains control

Prayers on ther way for Dian & Bob

Mike from NJ

mike_nj
                                                          Participant

I always had my belief that Dian was always one step ahead of this disease and hope that this is just a temporary setback and she regains control

Mike from NJ

mike_nj
                                                            Participant

Mike from NJ

Charlie S
                                                              Participant

You can come back from this Dian.  You went all in with IL2; you knew the risks, you knew the potential.

And you still do.

You know the mechanics of how this happened:

A serious, but very uncommon side effect of Proleukin in high doses is "capillary leak syndrome" or "vascular leak syndrome."  Capillary leak syndrome is a potentially serious disease in which fluids within the vascular system (veins and capillaries) leaks into the tissue outside the bloodstream.

You know how to overcome adversity because I have seen you do so and expect to see no less from you now.

Though not written to address cancer; it is relevant in many deep ways and always has helped me during dark times.

"Gardening is more than just digging, planting, pulling weeds and picking vegetables and fruits.

It is also the savoring and cultivation of life"    ….Robert Rodale 1930-1990

It is your history of savoring and cultivating life through your persona and music that I believe you will overcome this new challenge.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                                                Participant

You can come back from this Dian.  You went all in with IL2; you knew the risks, you knew the potential.

And you still do.

A serious, but very uncommon side effect of Proleukin in high doses is "capillary leak syndrome" or "vascular leak syndrome."  Capillary leak syndrome is a potentially serious disease in which fluids within the vascular system (veins and capillaries) leaks into the tissue outside the bloodstream.

You know how to overcome adversity because I have seen you do so and expect to see no less from you now.

Though not written to address cancer; it is relevant in many deep ways and always has helped me during dark times.

"Gardening is more than just digging, planting, pulling weeds and picking vegetables and fruits.

It is your history of savoring and cultivating life through your persona and music that I believe you will overcome this new challenge.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                                                  Participant

And you still do.

Cheers,

Charlie S

JerryfromFauq
                                                                    Participant

Dians a great lady and fighter that was one of the first people I met here in 2007.  I know she appreciates our prayers anad wwell wishes for both her and Bob.  He has been so great for her.  Thannk you Bob for all your loving care for OUR Dian.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                      Participant

Dians a great lady and fighter that was one of the first people I met here in 2007.  I know she appreciates our prayers anad wwell wishes for both her and Bob.  He has been so great for her.  Thannk you Bob for all your loving care for OUR Dian.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                        Participant

DonW
                                                                          Participant

Dian's husband, Bob, posted today (Thurs) that Dian is responsive and improving. Go, Dian!

Hstevens0072
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Woo-hooo! Come on Dian!!
                                                                                Hstevens0072
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Woo-hooo! Come on Dian!!
                                                                                  Hstevens0072
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Woo-hooo! Come on Dian!!
                                                                                    Gale
                                                                                    Participant

Thanks for the update Don. This is excellent news! My thoughts and prayers continue.

Gale
                                                                                      Participant

Thanks for the update Don. This is excellent news! My thoughts and prayers continue.

Gale
                                                                                        Participant

DonW
                                                                                        Participant

Dian's husband, Bob, posted today (Thurs) that Dian is responsive and improving. Go, Dian!

DonW
                                                                                          Participant

jag
                                                                                            Participant

C'mon Dian, we are pulling for you.  I'm with Janner on this one.  Melanoma can eat sh*t.  Prayers for you.

John

jag
                                                                                              Participant

C'mon Dian, we are pulling for you.  I'm with Janner on this one.  Melanoma can eat sh*t.  Prayers for you.

John

jag
                                                                                                Participant

John

Nancylee
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    I hate this disease. I am so sad.
                                                                                                    Nancylee
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                      Nancylee
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        Kim K
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Talk about a gut check, damn! I read further down that you are doing better and if any one can come back it is you. I am shocked after discharge this happened and I hope the worst is over. I only hope this was the equivalent to mel’s agonal death throwes.

Sending strength to a fellow warrior.

Kim K

Kim K
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Talk about a gut check, damn! I read further down that you are doing better and if any one can come back it is you. I am shocked after discharge this happened and I hope the worst is over. I only hope this was the equivalent to mel’s agonal death throwes.

Kim K

Kim K
                                                                                                            Participant

Kim K

tony9511
                                                                                                                Participant

Dian I am praying for you and your family!  What a wonderful support group to have and I know you will beat this.  Prayers to Dian and your loved ones that need and care about you!

Tony

tony9511
                                                                                                                  Participant

Dian I am praying for you and your family!  What a wonderful support group to have and I know you will beat this.  Prayers to Dian and your loved ones that need and care about you!

Tony

tony9511
                                                                                                                    Participant

Tony

djpayn
                                                                                                                    Participant

It's been a long time since I've been on these boards – and this is why. Losing Amy B destroyed me – dont know how I would handle it if Dian didnt turn this around – But I'm not going there. She is way to strong for that. Kick this things butt Dian!! Praying for you Lady!!!! Hugs and Love to you and Bob!!

djpayn
                                                                                                                      Participant

It's been a long time since I've been on these boards – and this is why. Losing Amy B destroyed me – dont know how I would handle it if Dian didnt turn this around – But I'm not going there. She is way to strong for that. Kick this things butt Dian!! Praying for you Lady!!!! Hugs and Love to you and Bob!!

djpayn
                                                                                                                        Participant

djpayn
                                                                                                                          Participant

djpayn
                                                                                                                            Participant

djpayn
                                                                                                                              Participant

killmel
                                                                                                                                Participant

I have been traveling & shocked to hear about Dian.

Does anyone have an update on how Dian is doing??

Did her stroke paralyze her??? Is she going to continue with Melanoma Treatment IL2, etc./

My prayers & thoughts go out to her & her family.

Cody

killmel
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Did her stroke paralyze her??? Is she going to continue with Melanoma Treatment IL2, etc./

Cody

killmel
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Cody

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics