The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dian says “Hello!!!”

Forums General Melanoma Community Dian says “Hello!!!”

Participant

Hi all…

After getting an "in and out" phone message in my voicemail a few weeks ago…..and calling Dian back twice…..I finally got in touch with her tonight…

She says to say HELLO to all of you!!!

She is doing really well. Her physical therapist and occupational therapist are amazed at how well she is doing! She sounds GREAT to talk to…but is having some deficits. Typing and reading…..hence she is not here. And her music which she IS playing is having some deficits. She says though, that the melanoma can't be found!!! :~).

Hi all…

After getting an "in and out" phone message in my voicemail a few weeks ago…..and calling Dian back twice…..I finally got in touch with her tonight…

She says to say HELLO to all of you!!!

She is doing really well. Her physical therapist and occupational therapist are amazed at how well she is doing! She sounds GREAT to talk to…but is having some deficits. Typing and reading…..hence she is not here. And her music which she IS playing is having some deficits. She says though, that the melanoma can't be found!!! :~).

Bob just bought her some software with a microphone, so she will hopefully be able to figure it out and post herself. I for one miss her!!!!!

Love you Dian~

Hugs, Marie

Oh…she sounds WONDERFUL on the phone!!!!

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        NYKaren
        Participant
          Yay! Great news Marie. Thanks so much for posting.
          Dian we love you!
          Karen
          NYKaren
          Participant
            Dian we love you!
            Karen
            NYKaren
            Participant
              Dian we love you!
              Karen
              King
              Participant

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the post.  Bob is wonderful with updates on Facebook but we can't hear too much about Dian.  I am so happy that you were able to speak to her.  I'm sure you told her how much her melanoma friends are thinking about her and Cigar Bob.

Hope you are well.

Stay Strong
                Kathie

King
                Participant

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the post.  Bob is wonderful with updates on Facebook but we can't hear too much about Dian.  I am so happy that you were able to speak to her.  I'm sure you told her how much her melanoma friends are thinking about her and Cigar Bob.

Hope you are well.

Stay Strong
                  Kathie

King
                  Participant

Hi Marie,

Hope you are well.

Stay Strong
                    Kathie

Tina D
                    Participant

awww.. this is amazing news ๐Ÿ™‚   . What a great way to brighten our day right off the bat. She is such a trooper and fighter!! YAY Dian!!!

Tina D
                      Participant

awww.. this is amazing news ๐Ÿ™‚   . What a great way to brighten our day right off the bat. She is such a trooper and fighter!! YAY Dian!!!

Tina D
                        Participant

Kim K
                          Participant

Fantastic Dian!

From every fiber of my being I just had a strong sense you would be a complete responder to IL-2, but after only one round?!  That is totally awesome.  One Hell of a price to pay though.  I am sooo happy you are getting better each and every day, and that each day is on the way to a permanent NED with the rest of us surviviors.

Sending hugs and aloha from Hawaii.  We miss you so much and hope you can get your mike / speaker set up so we can have a skype party online.  Keep up the good work and the updates.  You know how it is here, if we don't hear from you for a while, or at least an update……….. well, you know…………

Make that one more for our team, doing a happy dance and not caring that my coworkers think I am nuts.  They know I am.  Who else decorates thier cubicle with cow and pig skulls, random brain samples on the file cabinet waiting to get shipped off to the lab, and of course pictures of the kids…. (human and animal – lol).

You made my day.  My face is hurting because I am smiling soooooooo hard.

Take care!

Kim K
                            Participant

Fantastic Dian!

From every fiber of my being I just had a strong sense you would be a complete responder to IL-2, but after only one round?!  That is totally awesome.  One Hell of a price to pay though.  I am sooo happy you are getting better each and every day, and that each day is on the way to a permanent NED with the rest of us surviviors.

Sending hugs and aloha from Hawaii.  We miss you so much and hope you can get your mike / speaker set up so we can have a skype party online.  Keep up the good work and the updates.  You know how it is here, if we don't hear from you for a while, or at least an update……….. well, you know…………

Make that one more for our team, doing a happy dance and not caring that my coworkers think I am nuts.  They know I am.  Who else decorates thier cubicle with cow and pig skulls, random brain samples on the file cabinet waiting to get shipped off to the lab, and of course pictures of the kids…. (human and animal – lol).

Take care!

Kim K
                              Participant

Fantastic Dian!

Take care!

LibbyinVA
                                Participant
                                  Absolutely WONDERFUL news…love you, Dian…thanks, Marie for letting us know!
                                  Libby
                                  LibbyinVA
                                  Participant
                                    Libby
                                    LibbyinVA
                                    Participant
                                      Libby
                                      DonW
                                      Participant

Marie — Great that you took the initiative to contace Dian! Though Bob has been keeping us up to date on FB, it's great to hear your news. Thanks!

DonW
                                        Participant

Marie — Great that you took the initiative to contace Dian! Though Bob has been keeping us up to date on FB, it's great to hear your news. Thanks!

DonW
                                          Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics