The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Diabetes and Interferon !!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Diabetes and Interferon !!!

Participant

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if anyone out there has diabetes after taking Interferon. I only had 3 weeks of high dose,and one day of low. But I have found that my blood sugar will not go back down to what it was before Interferon. My fasting blood sugar was 104 before my treatment, and now it is 130. I really don't want to start meds for diabetes, but may need to if I can't get it back down. I walked 4 to 5 miles aday before I had surgery, but now because of lymphedema in my leg, I can only walk about a mile.

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if anyone out there has diabetes after taking Interferon. I only had 3 weeks of high dose,and one day of low. But I have found that my blood sugar will not go back down to what it was before Interferon. My fasting blood sugar was 104 before my treatment, and now it is 130. I really don't want to start meds for diabetes, but may need to if I can't get it back down. I walked 4 to 5 miles aday before I had surgery, but now because of lymphedema in my leg, I can only walk about a mile. I know that sometimes blood sugars will go up with Interferon treatment, but they come back down when you stop treatment. It has been three months and no change. My hair has stopped falling out now, so maybe I should wait awhile longer to see if my numbers go down. Dr. app. next month, so will know better what to do about diabetes them. Just wanted to see if any one elsa had this problem.       God Bless everyone in this group is my prayer !

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 23 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics