The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Depressed

Forums General Melanoma Community Depressed

Participant

I was diagnosed 3b may/15. Had WLI AND CLND . Only my sentinel biopsy was positive. I had perfectly clear scans on 8/18 on 8/26! I had my first round of yervoy. One week later I started n/v went to the ER and with my history a ct was done that showed probable mets to confirmed by biopsy. All of my liver enzymes are out of range ast 76 alt 284 and allk phos 278. My LDH is 5280. I started Keytruda last week but  I saw my dr this morning and he mentioned his concern st this rapid change of events occurred . I am too has any one else been threw this , I'm discouraged but stil fighting 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        dfeng
        Participant

where is the met? Best wishes and pray for you. Hang in there and keep us updated!.

Debbieamccoy
            Participant

Mets to liver, I just found out my LDH dropped 800 points in one week after Keytruda round one . Staying hopeful

tschmith
              Participant

Yes, stay hopeful!!!!!  800 points is a big drop.  Please keep us posted.  I've had terrific results with Keytruda and I bet you will too! (My LDH dropped afer my first infusion.)  

Best Wishes!!!!

Terrie

tschmith
                Participant

Yes, stay hopeful!!!!!  800 points is a big drop.  Please keep us posted.  I've had terrific results with Keytruda and I bet you will too! (My LDH dropped afer my first infusion.)  

Best Wishes!!!!

Terrie

tschmith
                  Participant

Best Wishes!!!!

Terrie

arthurjedi007
                    Participant

Sounds like the keytruda might already be helping which is great.

One thing you can ask the doc if you look it up and decide if you want is a liver embolism. This is usually reserved for large liver tumors so maybe not right for you. Dunno. One lady on here had that done for her daughter which gave an early good response followed up by immunotherapy that helped a lot too. They can also do radiation pellets directly on the liver tumors. Both of those require no trial that I'm aware of and the doc might probably be able to do them while on keytruda. Just some thoughts you might keep in mind if needed.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                      Participant

One thing you can ask the doc if you look it up and decide if you want is a liver embolism. This is usually reserved for large liver tumors so maybe not right for you. Dunno. One lady on here had that done for her daughter which gave an early good response followed up by immunotherapy that helped a lot too. They can also do radiation pellets directly on the liver tumors. Both of those require no trial that I'm aware of and the doc might probably be able to do them while on keytruda. Just some thoughts you might keep in mind if needed.

Artie

Debbieamccoy
                        Participant

Now my dr has decided to put me on a combo yervoy and opvido

https://www.futureofoncology.com/opdivoyervoy-combo-could-be-new-standard-in-melanoma

im confused because I had progression of disease with one dose of yervoy. I've researched and can't find anything about restarting yervoy 

Debbieamccoy
                          Participant

https://www.futureofoncology.com/opdivoyervoy-combo-could-be-new-standard-in-melanoma

im confused because I had progression of disease with one dose of yervoy. I've researched and can't find anything about restarting yervoy 

Bubbles
                            Participant

If you read the post I put up regarding combination therapies it should make clear the difference between single therapies vs the results when they are combined…nivo/ipi in particular.  celeste

Bubbles
                              Participant

If you read the post I put up regarding combination therapies it should make clear the difference between single therapies vs the results when they are combined…nivo/ipi in particular.  celeste

Bubbles
                                Participant

jpg
                                  Participant

Usually if you progress on one or the other (IPI or NIVO) the combination isn't usually succesful.  I would ask the doctor too about this.  Lots of toxic side effects too.  Can't you just do the NIVO?  

jpg
                                    Participant

Usually if you progress on one or the other (IPI or NIVO) the combination isn't usually succesful.  I would ask the doctor too about this.  Lots of toxic side effects too.  Can't you just do the NIVO?  

Debbieamccoy
                                      Participant

There are study's that show that even with progression to continue yervoy. 

Debbieamccoy
                                        Participant

tschmith
                                          Participant

Debbie, 

Did they take you off of Yervoy after one dose?

Terrie

tschmith
                                            Participant

Debbie, 

Terrie

tschmith
                                              Participant

I'm sorry…I reread your post and I see that you received just one dose.

Terrie

tschmith
                                                Participant

Terrie

Debbieamccoy
                                                  Participant

Yes but they are restating it with nivo

Debbieamccoy
                                                    Participant

Debbieamccoy
                                                      Participant

tschmith
                                                        Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                                                          Participant

Debbie, 

Terrie

Debbieamccoy
                                                            Participant

jpg
                                                              Participant

Debbieamccoy
                                                                Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                                  Participant

Artie

Debbieamccoy
                                                                    Participant

Mets to liver, I just found out my LDH dropped 800 points in one week after Keytruda round one . Staying hopeful

Debbieamccoy
                                                                      Participant

dfeng
                                                                      Participant

where is the met? Best wishes and pray for you. Hang in there and keep us updated!.

dfeng
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics