The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Delay Nivo for a week or a day?

Forums General Melanoma Community Delay Nivo for a week or a day?

Participant
      In a classic case of overthinking, I’m having to decide to either move my injections back one day or one week because of the holidays.

Because of the sustained effects of immunotherapy, I’m more inclined to push it back a full week, so my overall treatment will end a week later.

What do you think? Is the difference even worth thinking about?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

No difference.  Programs have varied from every 2 weeks to 3 week dosing schedules…and with side effects folks have had even longer delays between doses…with no appreciable difference in results.  In my trial, Nivo was given every 2 weeks for 6 months then every 3 months.  So….no worries.  Pick what works for you and move on!  I wish you well. celeste

guynamedbilly
            Participant

Thanks.  I figured that was probably the case but just wanted to make sure.

obtu.bt
              Participant
                Hi Celeste
                What was the dose you have taken during 6 months and then every 3 months?
                Bubbles
                Participant

I was in the cohort that was given only 1mg/kg!!!  The next cohort took 3mg/kg and the third of that batch (the trial expanded a great deal over the years) was given 10mg/kg.  Back in the dark ages of melanoma!!  2010-2013!!!

Bubbles
                  Participant

Or perhaps that time period would be more aptly called….the Melanoma Renaissance!!! – c

obtu.bt
                    Participant
                      Impressive…
                      I will probably start opdivo after my 4th dose of yervoy. However as it is not covered by insurance I will probably go with low level of nivo every 2 weeks or may be even frequency will be different… Quite complicated situation and don’t know how to deal with it..
                    ed williams
                    Participant

Hi Guy named billy, just to add to what Bubbles gave you, the link is to BMS application to change dose schedule for Nivo. https://news.bms.com/press-release/corporatefinancial-news/us-food-and-drug-administration-accepts-bristol-myers-squibbs-

guynamedbilly
                        Participant

Thanks.  That's interesting. I'm glad they are allowing all kinds of different schedules.  

Mat
                        Participant

Agree–no difference other than psychological.

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics