The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Decision has been made!! His pain will be over soon.

Forums General Melanoma Community Decision has been made!! His pain will be over soon.

Participant
      Hadn’t given an update in a while. Just waneed to share our decision to have hospice come in. After 3 years different trials rhat worked initially and then have eventual disease progression, my husbands heroic struggle with this disease will come to an end. Ad a last ditch effort he was scheduled for IL2 3 weeks ago but due to disease progression was too sick just days before. After being home for 2 weeks now, we called hospice in and he no longer is limiting narcotics for pain in fear of addiction. He has pain relief and rest peacefully now. Jad several weeks to preparr and he even at a too young age of 45 has accepted was is to be. Please pray for his continued comfort and comfort for myself and our two young teen daughters who are struggling with this so much.
    Viewing 62 reply threads
    • Replies
        scots
        Participant

Your family is in my prayers.

Scot

scots
          Participant

Scot

scots
            Participant

Scot

sister of patient
              Participant

Likewise. I don't know you but my heart goes out to you none-the-less!! I wish all of you much comfort!!! Barb

sister of patient
                Participant

Likewise. I don't know you but my heart goes out to you none-the-less!! I wish all of you much comfort!!! Barb

sister of patient
                  Participant

Rita and Charles
                    Participant

Prayers for you and your husband, I can't imagine….hopefully without pain joy can be part of life.  Rita

Rita and Charles
                      Participant

Prayers for you and your husband, I can't imagine….hopefully without pain joy can be part of life.  Rita

Rita and Charles
                        Participant

AllysonRuth
                          Participant

I have been following your posts. I am so, so sorry. I have been impressed by your commitment to your husband and daughters.  My prayers are with you. 

allyson

AllysonRuth
                            Participant

I have been following your posts. I am so, so sorry. I have been impressed by your commitment to your husband and daughters.  My prayers are with you. 

allyson

AllysonRuth
                              Participant

allyson

AllysonRuth
                                Participant

allyson

AllysonRuth
                                  Participant

allyson

AllysonRuth
                                    Participant

allyson

AshleyS
                                      Participant

My family sends prayers to your family. 

With love,

Ashley

AshleyS
                                        Participant

With love,

Ashley

AshleyS
                                          Participant

With love,

Ashley

MoiraM
                                            Participant

Thinking of you.

MoiraM
                                              Participant

Thinking of you.

MoiraM
                                                Participant

Thinking of you.

Scooby123
                                                  Participant

Prayers too you and your family, so sorry 

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                                    Participant

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                                                      Participant

scooby123❤️

jamieth29
                                                        Participant
                                                          I’m sorry… Thinking about you guys.
                                                          jamieth29
                                                          Participant
                                                            jamieth29
                                                            Participant
                                                              Eileensulliv
                                                              Participant

I am so sorry you are going through this! Prayers for you, your husband, and your daughters.

Eileensulliv
                                                                Participant

I am so sorry you are going through this! Prayers for you, your husband, and your daughters.

Eileensulliv
                                                                  Participant

WithinMySkin
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      I’m so terribly sorry. Sounds like he has the care and the pain relief he needs for this world. My thoughts are with you and your husband.
                                                                      WithinMySkin
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        I’m so terribly sorry. Sounds like he has the care and the pain relief he needs for this world. My thoughts are with you and your husband.
                                                                        WithinMySkin
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          jennunicorn
                                                                          Participant

So sorry, sending good thoughts and love to you and your family.

-Jenn

jennunicorn
                                                                            Participant

-Jenn

jennunicorn
                                                                              Participant

-Jenn

keepthefaith11
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  So sorry…praying for all of you during this difficult time.
                                                                                    Maureen038
                                                                                    Participant

I am very sorry too! Melanoma can truly suck!! Please try your best to take care of yourself and your family during this devastating time. Our prayers are with you!!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                      Participant

I am very sorry too! Melanoma can truly suck!! Please try your best to take care of yourself and your family during this devastating time. Our prayers are with you!!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                        Participant

Maureen

keepthefaith11
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          keepthefaith11
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            casagrayson
                                                                                            Participant

I'm so sorry.  At some point it simply becomes too hard.  You and your husband and daughters will be in my thoughts.

casagrayson
                                                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry.  At some point it simply becomes too hard.  You and your husband and daughters will be in my thoughts.

casagrayson
                                                                                                Participant

pookerpb
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                      Thank you all so much!! Good luck to all of you. I follow all of your posts and you will all have Mt continued prayers and if I can help or answer anyone’s questions I will be happy to.
                                                                                                      pookerpb
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        Thank you all so much!! Good luck to all of you. I follow all of your posts and you will all have Mt continued prayers and if I can help or answer anyone’s questions I will be happy to.
                                                                                                        pookerpb
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                        JuTMSY4
                                                                                                        Participant

I do not know you, but you are in my prayers.  I pray for all the best and for the relief you and your husband need.  -Justin

JuTMSY4
                                                                                                          Participant

I do not know you, but you are in my prayers.  I pray for all the best and for the relief you and your husband need.  -Justin

JuTMSY4
                                                                                                            Participant

dentholla
                                                                                                              Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

~Kristi

dentholla
                                                                                                                Participant

~Kristi

dentholla
                                                                                                                  Participant

~Kristi

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                                    Participant

So sorry… my thoughts are with you and your family.

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                                      Participant

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                                                                                                        Participant

Gwen

dfeng
                                                                                                                          Participant

Praying for all of you.

dfeng
                                                                                                                            Participant

Praying for all of you.

dfeng
                                                                                                                              Participant

Praying for all of you.

Rocco
                                                                                                                                Participant

My thoughts and prayers this evening are with you and your husband and family during this most difficult time.

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                                                                                                  Participant

My thoughts and prayers this evening are with you and your husband and family during this most difficult time.

-Rocco

tschmith
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Keeping you in my thougths and prayers during this difficult time.

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Terrie

Rocco
                                                                                                                                          Participant

-Rocco

KRob
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Your family is in my prayers. I am sorry that it came to this. 

May peace be with you.

Karen

KRob
                                                                                                                                              Participant

May peace be with you.

Karen

KRob
                                                                                                                                                Participant

May peace be with you.

Karen

Maria C
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

So very sorry and please know you and your family are in our prayers during this very difficult time.

Maria C
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

So very sorry and please know you and your family are in our prayers during this very difficult time.

Maria C
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Viewing 62 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics