The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Day 5 since 1st ipi/Nivo Infusion

Forums General Melanoma Community Day 5 since 1st ipi/Nivo Infusion

Participant

Hi Family, boy this stuff {Opdivo/Yervoy} better be working cuz i feel like poop, like Flu like symptoms, mild nausea that never leads to vomiting {not yet anyways}, achy body, my head pounds when i get up to quickly but then goes away, its just like the flu…Im drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated & my hunger is ok, i get full fairly quicker then normal but thats ok, i wrap it up and reheat for later…I just wanted to share whats going on with me, im off work for a bit {thank god} but may go in tommorrow if i feel better. Ive noticed i feel worse at night….take care ya'all, and if yer feeling the same, well, im right with ya, this sucks but we have to warrior through!…Love ya guys, Mike…

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        tedtell1
        Participant

Mike;

Yep, sounds very familiar. I am on opdivo only though. I just went to the once a month and it really kicked my but. My hips are aching all the time now, just worse for the first 5-6 days after treatment. Warrior on!

Ted

mandyjill
            Participant

I had severe bone/joint/muscle pain with the opdivo/yervoy trial.  But found immediate relief with a small dose prednisone.

Coragirl
            Participant

Stay strong and keep hydrated! You are in my prayers

GeoTony
              Participant

Brings back memories, nights were way worse, especially when the night sweats kicked in, my other half referred to it as my menopausal phase, wierd stuff.

I managed 2 sessions then onto pendrisone for 6 weeks, before completing the final session, keep up the fight!

BillB
                Participant

Keep fighting Mike, you’ve got this! Thanks for checking in was wondering how it was going. Keep us posted.

Bill

Coach2u
                    Participant

Sorry to hear that, hang in there MIke. You are my source for what’s to come. I started Ipi/nivo yesterday so far no symptoms. Hope it’s working cause Keydruda did not.  We have to endure and kill this disease, not ready to die. MIke K. 

Sharon93065
                      Participant

Symptoms can sneak in. Mine were hives/rashes.  Scalp really itched.  And it wiped out my throid. I only had 3 combo treatments due to the liver enzyme levels.  But it kept workling…the treatments are working in you when you don't know that they are.  Thanks to this forum i can see the other warriors only were able to tolerate maybe 2 treatments and they are doing great.  Yes it is working,  you will get great Petscan results.  I did and am. 

TexMelanomex
                      Participant

Big Mike! I was starting to worry about you my warrior brother. Sorry to hear about the side effects, you are deep in the battle now. Smart move taking a few days to recoup and let this first round run its course…in this battle sometimes resting is fighting! You take care my friend and Warrior On! #MIKESTRONG

Tex

Viewing 4 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics