The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dad’s journey is over, but thankful for support

Forums General Melanoma Community Dad’s journey is over, but thankful for support

Participant

We held my Dad as he took the last steps in his battle with melanoma last Thursday at his home.  I haven't posted much on here, but I've read and learned a ton, lurking on a near daily basis during the most stressful parts of this journey and weekly during the longer periods of "no changes to report."  Without fail, this site has been a great source of knowledge, inspiration, and comfort.  In the obituary, we requested that donations be made to MRF in lieue of flowers.  Thank you all, and best wishes with your battles, which I hope have better outcomes than my Dad's.

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hello,

So sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family at this difficult time.  I am glad you found this page and that some of the things you read were helpful and thanks for the donation to MRF. 

We have lost quite a few warriors in here and I know how hard it is as my husband has been in this fight since 2008.

Good luck with your future and I hope you never have to visit this sight again for yourself or another family member but we are always here.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED)

Gene_S
          Participant

Hello,

So sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family at this difficult time.  I am glad you found this page and that some of the things you read were helpful and thanks for the donation to MRF. 

We have lost quite a few warriors in here and I know how hard it is as my husband has been in this fight since 2008.

Good luck with your future and I hope you never have to visit this sight again for yourself or another family member but we are always here.

Gene_S
            Participant

Hello,

Scooby123
              Participant

So sorry for your loss of your Dad, thinking of you and your family.

God bless

scooby

Scooby123
                Participant

God bless

scooby

Scooby123
                  Participant

God bless

scooby

casagrayson
                    Participant

I'm so very sorry.  Such a brazen, unpredictable disease.  Hugs to you and your mom.

casagrayson
                      Participant

I'm so very sorry.  Such a brazen, unpredictable disease.  Hugs to you and your mom.

casagrayson
                        Participant

rosa1
                          Participant

I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad. My best wishes to you and your family during this difficult time.

rosa1
                            Participant

I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad. My best wishes to you and your family during this difficult time.

rosa1
                              Participant

jamieth29
                                Participant
                                  Affguy,
                                  So to hear of your loss, hope you find some comfort on the near future.
                                  Jamie
                                  jamieth29
                                  Participant
                                    Affguy,
                                    Jamie
                                      jbronicki
                                      Participant

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your father.  I'm glad you got to be there with him. 

jbronicki
                                        Participant

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your father.  I'm glad you got to be there with him. 

jbronicki
                                          Participant

jamieth29
                                          Participant
                                            Affguy,
                                            Jamie
                                            ET-SF
                                            Participant

May you and your family find peace.

ET-SF
                                              Participant

ET-SF
                                                Participant

Mom2Addy
                                                  Participant

Our deepest condolences to you and your family. Our prayers are with you. 

Mom2Addy
                                                    Participant

Mom2Addy
                                                      Participant

stars
                                                        Participant

Condolences to your family, and RIP.

Stars

stars
                                                          Participant

Stars

cbeckner98
                                                              Participant

So sorry for the loss of your Dad.  Praying for you and your family now.

All the best,

Carrie

cbeckner98
                                                                Participant

All the best,

Carrie

cbeckner98
                                                                  Participant

All the best,

Carrie

stars
                                                                  Participant

Stars

Tim–MRF

I am very sorry to hear about your father. I know you were a tremendous source of support and guidance to him, based on your posts. Having someone to help navigate the waters of cancer treatment is critically important, and I am glad your father had you to take on that role.

I also appreciate that you are using his loss to encourage support for melanoma research. We have seen a lot of progress in the past four years, but your father's story is another example that we still have much work to do.

With deepest sympathies,

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

I am very sorry to hear about your father. I know you were a tremendous source of support and guidance to him, based on your posts. Having someone to help navigate the waters of cancer treatment is critically important, and I am glad your father had you to take on that role.

I also appreciate that you are using his loss to encourage support for melanoma research. We have seen a lot of progress in the past four years, but your father's story is another example that we still have much work to do.

With deepest sympathies,

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

With deepest sympathies,

Tim–MRF

_Paul_
                                                                          Participant

Affguy, I feel for you and your family. Please take some small comfort that your Dad no longer has to suffer.

With deepest sympathy – Paul.

_Paul_
                                                                            Participant

Affguy, I feel for you and your family. Please take some small comfort that your Dad no longer has to suffer.

_Paul_
                                                                              Participant

Momofjake
                                                                                Participant

Thank you for your post. It's a tough world we have all been thrown into. We are never the same. So sorry you had to do this. I think we pray special for each other…

Momofjake
                                                                                  Participant

Thank you for your post. It's a tough world we have all been thrown into. We are never the same. So sorry you had to do this. I think we pray special for each other…

Momofjake
                                                                                    Participant

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics